Who likes nice shiny BRAND NEW looking brass?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cyphur
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Who likes nice shiny BRAND NEW looking brass?

Post by cyphur »

Jumping Frog wrote:
APynckel wrote:It's 250 every 4 hours, and 100% perfect sparkly shiny brass, and it's actually not much work. Much less than dealing with all that dry media. You dump your brass in, add the lemi shine and Dawn detergent, a gallon of water and the SS media, set the tumbler in motion, then seperate after 4 hours.
I did 500 pcs of .223. Started the vibratory tumbler on a timer, dumped into the media separator at the end, popped it into a baggy and done. Less than 5 minutes of total work.

No rinsing, no spreading it out on towels, no drying.

I tumbled this on Wednesday evening. I think this is clean enough for my purposes:
[ Image ]

I am sincerely happy that you have found an approach that works for you and you are happy with it. I have yet to be sold for my purposes.

Now, if I ever got around to building one of those home-built tumblers that would do about 15 lbs of brass at a time, I might look this over again.
Thumlers makes a 40# model you could probably use to spec one out.

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NcongruNt »

cyphur wrote: Thumlers makes a 40# model you could probably use to spec one out.
There's a kit for that as well:

http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/s ... er-18.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Runs about $800, though.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

cyphur

Post by cyphur »

NcongruNt wrote:
cyphur wrote: Thumlers makes a 40# model you could probably use to spec one out.
There's a kit for that as well:

http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/s ... er-18.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Runs about $800, though.
I saw that as well, but with the gentleman remarking about building his own, I figured he was either hoping to save a few bucks or enjoys projects. Either way the kit does not work for those criteria.

If I shot 1000 rounds a weekend I would go for a larger tumbler myself, 16 hours to clean brass is a bit much per week. At some point building your own becomes required.

Of course, at 20k cases a month, you are looking at a washing machine gutted and hooked up to a human-sized hampster wheel and hiring neighborhood kids for $8/hr to power it, lol.

rotor

Post by rotor »

I ordered one of these several weeks ago and it was backordered. Got a notice that it is being shipped today. I heard, maybe incorrectly as I am a newbie at reloading, that there is a significant risk of lead exposure with regular vibratory methods and that because this is a wet method there is little to no risk of lead exposure. Am I wrong about this? Lead contamination ( and I don't mean shooting ) is very bad news. Of course with the present primer situation I may never get past the depriming cleaning state.

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr surveyor »

has the re-education system in this country been so effective to create such fear and hysteria?
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

rotor

Post by rotor »

Lead exposure

http://www.corneredcat.com/article/fire ... -exposure/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Reloading Forum”