Reloading .410 shotshells with handtools

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Don2
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Reloading .410 shotshells with handtools

Post by Don2 »

I have not tried to load them like this yet, I have a MEC Jr in 410 I use, but have been wanting to try it.

FYI:
There is a guy on YouTube that loads shotshells in a regular shotgun like a muzzle loader..!!!!
He cut a high brass shell right at the base of the brass to plastic off.
Then reprimmed it and stuck it in the chamber, then poured the powder down the barrel with various pieced rags, paper or wads, then added shot and a final wad to hold it all in..... :headscratch

Shot it just like a regular shot shell.....????
I never tried this,....!!!

Don2

ddstuder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ddstuder »

AndyC wrote:I want to try this, so I bought 25 lbs #9 shot and CCI primers at Bass Pro on the way home from the range today - they were out of wads and powder (of course).

If you're looking for H-110 let me know. I have an extra pound or two if you need it. Always interested in a good trade. :thumbs2:
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

Got any other "spare" powders you might trade?

Would really like some Rifle powders IMR4895, Varget, etc.

Might be interested in some projectiles, or some lead for casting.

IM me if you're interested.
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

PM not recieved.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MoJo »

When I was a kid dad bought a 12 gauge and a .410 Lee Loader, the original Lee Loader. We loaded hundreds of shells with those hand tools. I have dad's reloading stuff, I need to find them. Thanks for the memories Andy. :cheers2: :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Don2
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Don2 »

AndyC wrote:
Don2 wrote:There is a guy on YouTube that loads shotshells in a regular shotgun like a muzzle loader..!!!!
He cut a high brass shell right at the base of the brass to plastic off.
Then reprimmed it and stuck it in the chamber, then poured the powder down the barrel with various pieced rags, paper or wads, then added shot and a final wad to hold it all in..... :headscratch
I've done that with 12-ga - it's basically a muzzle-loader at that point, so the wadding has to seal well. It's very doable but wouldn't recommend a beginner doing this ;-)
I really don't plan on it myself, it's just good info to add to all of your other good info..!! :cool:

I have the old Lee Loader in 12 and 20 gauge...No 410, wish I did..!!
They are sky high on ebay..

Don2

Return to “Reloading Forum”