Silver tips?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 3

Silver tips?

Post by dws1117 »

Does anyone know if Winchester Silver tip bullets can be purchased as components and if so where?

I have a friend who needs some for a Boy Scouts project. His troop, which he has been associated with since he was a member as a child, has as thier motto "bite the bullet" and the give each kid an inert cartriage attached to a leather lanyard. They are making silver bullets, as an thank you, to give out to some of the adults that have been helping out over many years.

It was my idea to use the silvertips. I am going to use the old bullet puller to remove the bullet and drop it into a nickle cases.

Does anyone else have any other ideas for making silver bullets?

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MoJo »

Try this site - - - http://www.bulletforge.com
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Thanks for the link. That is perfect, but way more than they are wanting to spend. They are looking at presenting at least 20 and that would get very pricey very quick.

Topic author
dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Ignore the previous comment. I did a little looking (imagine that) on the sight and see that they offer silver plated for much cheaper. I'll present this option tomorrow.

I still welcome other solutions.

Return to “Reloading Forum”