Lonest4r wrote: I have never done this type of order before; what is the usual procedure?
Edit-Looks like this will be a tough event to manage with most vendors out of stock on many powders.
If you have never honchoed a group buy, then you are in for a treat. It can be a royal pain in the neck.
By far and away the most popular place for internet primer/powder sales is Powder Valley Inc
. Even MidwayUSA accepts orders on the MidwayUSA website for powder, but it is drop shipped from Powder Valley Inc, who services the MidwayUSA account. That would be my recommendation.
Last big group buy I was in was right after the 2008 election. We ended up buying roughly 150,000 primers and about 120 lbs of powder if I recall correctly.
Here is how it is done.
- Basically, you list a date that you are going to "close" the order and place it.
- Everyone who wants something posts in the thread what their order is and they send the money to you.
- You keep a running count posted here listing everyone's order and payment status.
- On the "order Date", you order for everyone who got the money to you by that time.
- You won't know what the shipping/Hazmat fees are until you order. Everyone will need to reimburse you for those fees after you place the order.
- You place the order. The stuff will be backordered. In 2008, it took almost a year to fill the order.
- Once the order is in, you coordinate some way for people to pick up their stuff. It can get subdivided by area of the city. For example, you'd give all the stuff for Northwest Houston to "Bob", who would meet people in this end of town, give other stuff for Sugarland to "Joe" who would meet people there, someone else would cover Gavleston, etc.
With all that said, I might as well jump on board. I only order Ramshot online since I've never seen it in stores. Here is what I'll take.
RamZIP-04 * Ramshot ZIP - 4 LB. $65.60
RamSIL-04 * Ramshot SILHOUETTE - 4 LB. $65.60
WINWSP * WIN SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS (1000) @ $26.00 x (5), Total 5000 for $130.00