Sportsman's Warehouse

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KRM45
Posts in topic: 5

Sportsman's Warehouse

Post by KRM45 »

I went in here a few days ago to look for some supplies and I found there bullet section almost empty. Anyone know anything about this?

Are bullets getting hard to find anywhere else?

byronw999

Post by byronw999 »

Only thing I've seen in short supply on retailers shelves are .223 and 7.62x39.. Everything else there seems to be plenty of. Course prices have gone way up but thats due to prices of metals, war effort etc..

Byron

BTW where is this Sportsmans Warehouse?? Never heard of that one.

Topic author
KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

Let me make sure I clarify my original post... I am referring to bullets only, not manufactured ammo...

fadlan12
Posts in topic: 1

Post by fadlan12 »

The store in round rock is always out of 231 (1lb) and has slim selection of primers or anything reloading related.

casselthief
Banned

Post by casselthief »

byronw999 wrote: BTW where is this Sportsmans Warehouse?? Never heard of that one.
Hebron Parkway, east of I35, Lewisville, Tx
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun..."

jhutto
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jhutto »

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/
Austin, and San Antonio....

I went to the RoundRock store a couple day's ago, and they got a shipment of bullets. You may want to check again..

I prefer to go to cabelas. I do not like sportsmans return policy, I believe stores should stand behind their product.

cxm

Bullet Availability

Post by cxm »

I few months ago I talked to the gun manager at Sportsman's Warehouse in Lewisville.

Asked about being out of re-loading supplies all the time... he said they do not order merchandise... and can only sell what is sent to them... sounds pretty odd to me that in the day of "Just in Time Delivery" and perpetual inventory, but that is what they said.

Anyway, he seemed frustrated too.

V/r

CHuck
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

jwp

Re: Bullet Availability

Post by jwp »

cxm wrote:... he said they do not order merchandise... and can only sell what is sent to them... sounds pretty odd to me ....
Probably a corporate central office monitors sales and makes all (or nearly all) decisions about what items will be stocked at what stores, stocking levels, etc. Often the central office also specifies aisle and shelf location. This is becoming increasingly common, as it both improves profitability and cuts costs. Wally World is the premier example (full sales and inventory monitoring and analysis in near real time for all stores), but lots of other chains use similar techniques. It looks like H.E.B. does this, or something very similar, though their ability and willingness to handle special orders is much better (so far, anyway) than most companies using this sort of sales/inventory control.

That's the future with chains, like it or not. It's the only way they'll be able to remain competitive against the network retailers.
-- John Pierce, jwpretd@satx.rr.com
A patriot must always stand ready to defend his country from its government. -- Edward Abbey

Patriotswrath

As of yesterday

Post by Patriotswrath »

The Round Rock store had NO small rifle primers...

and only a handful of CCI Magnums in small pistol primers.

If you wanted large rifle or shotshell primers, they had them.

ccoker

Post by ccoker »

I have bought a few guns from Sportsmans in RR and am generally pleased with them.. but they can't order anything in for you
a very bad business move I think..

stroo

Post by stroo »

I was at the Sportsmans in Lewisville on Saturday and again today. On Saturday they didn't have any small pistol primers and just a few large pistol. Today they didn't have any large pistol but did have some small pistol. I talked to a couple of the salesmen and they said that reloading supplies just jump off the shelves right now. Makes it difficult for them to keep everything stocked. Apparently the rising cost of manufactured ammo is causing more people to take up or go back to reloading.

match308

Post by match308 »

Try cabelas.

stroo

Post by stroo »

Cabela's is a pretty big trek for me. Sportsmans Warehouse in 5 minutes away.

Topic author
KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

match308 wrote:Try cabelas.
The Cabelas in Fort Worth keeps all their powder and primers in the vault, which means you have to find someone to help you, then ask them what they have , etc...

I prefer to be able to shop in the open.

O6nop

Post by O6nop »

KRM45 wrote:
match308 wrote:Try cabelas.
The Cabelas in Fort Worth keeps all their powder and primers in the vault, which means you have to find someone to help you, then ask them what they have , etc...

I prefer to be able to shop in the open.
In Buda, they have all the powder types on display as empty containers attached to the top of the display over the top of the various bullets. The actual containers with powder are behind the rifle counter.
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

Return to “Reloading Forum”