Academy now carries Winchester primers

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tonzofphun
Posts in topic: 2

Academy now carries Winchester primers

Post by tonzofphun »

Just a heads up, I noticed that someone on arfcom spotted primers on the shelves at the cedar park location in Austin. So I decided to check the webster location. They also have pistol and rifle Winchester primers in packs of 100 for $3.99.

It may be a better option in some cases since there would be no hazmat fee vs ordering online. As a reference, powdervalley has them for $2.80 if they sold them per 100 AND if it was in stock but that does not include hazmat.
Last edited by tonzofphun on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Academy now carries Winchester primers

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

tonzofphun wrote:Just a heads up, I noticed that someone on arfcom spotted primers on the shelves at the cedar park location in Austin. So I decided to check the webster location. They also have Winchester primers in packs of 100 for $3.99.

It may be a better option in some cases since there would be no hazmat fee vs ordering online. As a reference, powdervalley has them for $2.80 if they sold them per 100 AND if it was in stock but that does not include hazmat.
This is very good news. Was there a purchase limit?

Chas.

O6nop

Post by O6nop »

tonzofphun wrote:Just a heads up, I noticed that someone on arfcom spotted primers on the shelves at the cedar park location in Austin. So I decided to check the webster location. They also have Winchester primers in packs of 100 for $3.99.

Does this include pistol and rifle primers or just shotshell?
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

Topic author
tonzofphun

Post by tonzofphun »

I only noticed small/large rifle and pistol. I don't think I saw any magnums.

There was no purchase limit as far as I could tell. Also, some reports that they carry CCI primers as well but I didn't see them at webster.

O6nop

Post by O6nop »

I tried searching their website and it only showed shotshell primers. Hopefully, they have the pistol/rifle primers at my store as well.
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

Scott Murray

Post by Scott Murray »

Well that didn't last long. I just got back from the Academy in Webster. They'd sold out of the rifle and pistol primers.

Scott

michael e

Post by michael e »

I just left Pasadena one. Didnt see any primes, now I wasn't really looking for them but I did walk ammo isle so I would think that would have jumped out at me.

OnceFired

Post by OnceFired »

I'll check the Academy here in Springfield, Missouri. As of a week ago, they had zero reloading components period.

OnceFired
Video games are an escape from reality. Gun ownership is for when you can't.
CHL - 07/03/12 submitted, 09/07/12 received
Texas Security Guard Jobs

rotor

Post by rotor »

Yes, today at Academy in Wichita Falls they did have Winchester primers, small and large pistol ( large pistol are also ok for magnum), small and large rifle- I didn't note if they had any magnum rifle or magnum small pistol. $3.99/100 no limit. Lots of ammo. Bought 2 boxes 38 special $21.99 a box. Lots of 223 and very few 22 lr sub sonic at $7 a box.

OnceFired

Post by OnceFired »

Spoke to the guy at the gun counter here in Springfield today.

He verified the same info as immediately above this post - $3.99 per 100 on primers whether pistol or rifle. Didn't tell me if they had magnum or large rifle. But he has already had & sold shotshell primers. But, they are getting far more than that. They will be carrying presses, dies, accessories, etc. They're due to get everything middle of September.

They also had significantly more ammo today - and my kids and I went in the afternoon, not right after the truck arrived. The handgun ammo and 223 was depleted, but they had a fair chunk of everything else.

Although, they are still sitting on the $6500 drum of 5.56 on a pallet. :) I wonder why that's not selling... hahahahah

OnceFired
Video games are an escape from reality. Gun ownership is for when you can't.
CHL - 07/03/12 submitted, 09/07/12 received
Texas Security Guard Jobs

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

I know last weekend a colleague reported that Academy in Round Rock had Winchester large magnum rifle primers in stock.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Return to “Reloading Forum”