Star lube-sizer

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Star lube-sizer

Post by Jumping Frog »

AndyC wrote:He sure has a great rep on castboolits - Roger bought some stuff from him and was very impressed.
I've bought a bunch of stuff from him and have never been disappointed.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Don2
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Don2 »

So Andy, Have you tried the lube recipe I used?
Just wondering if you have ever made it, I did not invent it, just copied from castboolits ?

I made it to feel a little harder than RCBS bullet lube with very little stickiness, but what I feel will adhere to the lead bullet grooves good.

I did not want a hard lube myself. Maybe later???

My wife makes hand lotion with bee's wax. cocoa butter, coconut oil and something else I can't remember.
Smells like chocolate when you use it.....
Thought about adding some cocoa butter to my lube....Should make it smell like chocolate chip cookies when shot..!!! :biggrinjester:
NOT KIDDING....It should be just fine to use in a lube, it's a little expensive to use much, but would be FUN to try....Whatcha think?????

Heck, I may come up with Designer Bullet Lubes..!!!
Thought about Lard and peanut oil used in french fryers .....Could smell like Steak and Potatoes....WHAT MAN WOULD NOT WANT HIS BULLETS TO SMELL LIKE THAT???
Then chocolate chip bullets for desert....Sounds like a winning combo...!!!!

I think I left the cap off my paint thinner tonight in my shop by accident???? "rlol" :smilelol5: :smash: ?
Maybe thats why I'm having all these ideas..!!

Don2

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jumping Frog »

AndyC wrote:Haven't made much lube ever, Don, nope.

I'm like you in that I don't like stickiness in lubes either - I know they're good for rifle velocities but I hate them in handgun ammo.
I always use a hard lube that requires my lube heater because I don't want my lubed bullets to be a sticky mess in my garage during the Houston summer!
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “Reloading Forum”