MEC 410 shotshell reloader

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Don2
Posts in topic: 7

Re: MEC 410 shotshell reloader

Post by Don2 »

AndyC wrote:I've seen folks selling the dripper nozzles on eBay that they make out of bolts; I've been wondering what it would take to make a dripper myself :cool:
I'm angry with myself...I have been looking for my 410 roll crimper and can't find it.
It's here somewhere nice and safe.... ;-)
I wanted to try it on the 410's I made a while back to see if that idea works with my 870 pump.

I assume you mean make a shotmaker? The one we use is an old one from the 60's, it is small and only has 3 drippers vs the new type that have about 7??
It's a 110v model that drops the shot into a large type soup can. Slow but works great. It still had the price sticker that said $39 on it!!!

I have been wanting to make one that uses my Lee 20lb bottom pour furnace for the hot lead supply, then you make a pot/ladle that you put drippers on and let it fall into a can of (many things have been used as a liquid to drop shot into. ) we use water and it works well. But you cant let it get too hot or too cold either. The important part is the 1" lip and it's angle of drop that the shot rolls off of after coming out of the dripper to form it correctly.

I have so many things I want/need to do besides make one, besides right now, I have access to one anytime I need to.

There was a a web site and a youtube video about making one like I mention.
There are many other videos on making a shot maker on youtube and on inet.

Heck, check out the LONG posts about shotmakers on the 1911 forum and at shotgunworld.
Very good info about dripper hole size to shot size in them.

I think the Littleton is about $400 or $5oo now.
Wish I bought one when they were $250..!!!

Don

Return to “Reloading Forum”