Iosso

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
thatguy
Posts in topic: 1

Iosso

Post by thatguy »

I bought a gallon of Iosso and attempted to clean about 70 lbs of 9mm brass. I left it in the solution for about 1 minute and the brass started to shine right away so I would take it out and put it in a 5 gallon bucket of fresh water the repeat for the next batch. So far so good until it dried and now is a very dark color and the inside of the case is not as clean as I like. I'm running them through my tumbler which is knocking off some of the tarnish but still discolored.

Any experience out there with Iosso? :bigear:
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

ddstuder
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Iosso

Post by ddstuder »

IMHO this is a waste of time. Chemical cleaners tend to remove more than just the dirt. They will break down the brass and weaken the cases.

Does the mixture turn blue after soaking the brass? If so, it is leaching the copper out of the brass.

Just tumble the brass in walnut shell and car wax. The inside of the case does not have to be shiny.

If you must have sparkling interiors, then I suggest getting a stainless steel pin tumbler to clean your brass. (also unnecessary in my opinion)
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Return to “Reloading Forum”