Easing the Pain of Haz-Mat Charges

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AlaskanInTexas
Posts in topic: 1

Easing the Pain of Haz-Mat Charges

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

I see some fairly reasonable primer deals on the usual websites, but the hazmat charge eats up the savings (unless I want to order tons of 'em). Are any of you aware of any formal or informal groups in the DFW area that enable us common folk to band together and make a bulk purchase to get the most bang for the buck on the hazmat charge?

ddstuder

Re: Easing the Pain of Haz-Mat Charges

Post by ddstuder »

Not much luck on group buys lately.

By the time everyone decides what they want and get the money together, the website is out of stock.

I always buy the powders I need in 8LB jugs and try to add on at least 5000 primers to offset the haz-mat.
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

ET-Ret

Re: Easing the Pain of Haz-Mat Charges

Post by ET-Ret »

Some of the shops and Cab- have primers at the now current retail prices . I live in Arlington and a small shop in a neighboring town has a good supply of primers and some small shipments of
powder.9-1-14 I bought 2# Win 296 and there was several different kinds of rifle and shotgun powder left (ie IMR 4227and others at the current retail price not the scalpers prices on Gunbroker. I want say who it
is but they are on 1187 close to Rendon. Use Google.
I bought 380 brass & 9MM several places you just have to search and be ready to buy because it may not last long.
ET-ret

Return to “Reloading Forum”