Powder availability??

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Magnawing
Posts in topic: 1

Powder availability??

Post by Magnawing »

I'll be moving to the Houston area (probably Cypress or Tomball to be more exact) soon. I usually use 700X, 800X and Titegroup for .45 ACP & 9mm. Are these readily available in the area for a decent price or should I stock up here in NJ? I normally pay about $19/lb for 700X and around $21-$22/lb for 800X and TG.

Kennyg

Re: Powder availability??

Post by Kennyg »

U should pick it up there I use uniquie and win 231 for 45 avg 28/ lb haven't seen much of any around a few decent amounts

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

These people sell out of their house and will be somewhat close to you. I have purchased from them before and they are a good couple to deal with.

http://houstonreloadingsupplies.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

WOW! Good prices! Apparently everything's FREE!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Their website isn't much, but give a call to 10ring.com. They carry reloading equipment, components and powder. It is convenient to both Cypress and Tomball.

10RING.COM
12779 Jones Road
Houston, TX 77070
(281) 894-7464
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Trouble_Shooter

Post by Trouble_Shooter »

Not a plug by any means but I do miss the "pick up" option. Now I just have to space my orders so the HAZMAT fee's don't hurt so much http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

Any updates here? My inventory is running much lower than I would like, and I can't find any of my go-to powders. Sure wish this would let up!

ET-Ret

Post by ET-Ret »

I am sorry to get on here a little late. But I surf most of the rep sites for powder and a small window opened at midsouth and I got 4 bottles of 700x on the way. I looked the next day and it was sold out
I had to pay a shipping and handling plus 26 +- for hasmat all total about 96.00 I did this last year and did the same thing. The funny part it takes a couple of day for them to give you shipping info.
Its comming slow freight but that is ok. The same holds for 22 lr I picked a couple of boxes up in the funnyest places You just have to be a active looker I know someone who picked a brick up at a new
Walmart. I will just let my grandchildren use the 22 lrs This buy will put me way down the road with 9mm/380's I picked 2 1# of win 296 at Target time in Burleson TX. They get a little now and then are very nice people to do business with.

Feed&Guns

Post by Feed&Guns »

Magnawing wrote:I'll be moving to the Houston area (probably Cypress or Tomball to be more exact) soon. I usually use 700X, 800X and Titegroup for .45 ACP & 9mm. Are these readily available in the area for a decent price or should I stock up here in NJ? I normally pay about $19/lb for 700X and around $21-$22/lb for 800X and TG.
We are just 2 minutes north of Tomball and actually have 800X on the shelf right now. But if you paid $21-22, I'll buy it from you instead of my distributor! When was the last time you paid that for it? When we buy it, we still have to pay hazmat also but can spread that cost over a decent sized order. Wholesale cost on 800x (for 1 lb jars) is nearly what you're paying...and then add a proportional amount of hazmat and maybe shipping. MSRP, for what it's worth, is $32.30. So $21 for 800x is damn good. If you paid with a credit card, after the credit card processing fees, they probably lost money.

As for supply, it's not showing as currently available at the distributors so it's that hard to get. Very hit or miss. Haven't seen Titegroup available at all.

The good news, though, is powder is about the cheapest component of pistol reloading so whether you pay $20 or $30 for about 1500 rounds worth of powder, the cost per round doesn't vary by much at all. You can save that and more just by shopping bullets or getting one extra load out of some brass.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Texas Certified CHL/LTC Instructor
FFL 01 SOT 3 - www.aparmory.net

Return to “Reloading Forum”