Reloading Room Version 2.0

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mjoplin
Posts in topic: 2

Reloading Room Version 2.0

Post by mjoplin »

Finally, after an 8 month hiatus while moving and remodeling, the reloading gear has been unpacked and put in its new location. In what she coined as a "weak moment" I got to move into the house and out of the garage. Picked up a bench on sale at Harbor Freight and it looks to be pretty well suited after drilling a few holes and installing the presses.

Found and unpacked one of the tumblers this morning and getting some mixed .40 brass ready for a test run on the Dillon later today!
New Reloading Rooom
New Reloading Rooom
NRA Life Member
I'm environmentally conscious, I only use recycled ammo courtesy of my Dillon 550
This message was created using only recycled electrons

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Reloading Room Version 2.0

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Nice

:coolgleamA:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
mjoplin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mjoplin »

Nice to get back in the swing of things. Did 100 rounds .40 S&W with CCI spp, mixed brass, 180 gr TC Bayou Bullets, and 5.8 gr. WAP. Press ran without a hitch after being boxed up so long, they ran nicely through my Sig, and I get to go shooting again on a regular basis!
NRA Life Member
I'm environmentally conscious, I only use recycled ammo courtesy of my Dillon 550
This message was created using only recycled electrons

Don2

Post by Don2 »

Your room looks great.

I have been remodeling my reloading shop for about 2 years now.
It's been a long process. I started about 2 years ago with insulation everywhere, in wall ( regular roll ) and on the wall with the 3/4" foam foil lined stuff with layers of tar paper and a plastic barrier.
It's about a 12 x 35' shop built on to a 35 x 50 larger building.
It gets so hot here and humid the insulation helps keep the heat and humidity out so a small A/C or heater will do.

Still working on small things, but reloading always gets in the way... :biggrinjester:

Don2

Stripes Dude

Post by Stripes Dude »

You've got some old looking powder cans!

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

mjoplin wrote:In what she coined as a "weak moment" I got to move into the house and out of the garage.
Glad that worked out for you. I went from (1) the garage to (2) bringing them into the family office mounted to a board I could clamp to a desk to (3) leaving them mounted in the family office to (4) a reloading bench tucked away on my side of the bedroom closet. My hope is to be building a stand-alone shop/office with an A/C room dedicated to reloading.

Return to “Reloading Forum”