Lindy wrote:I'm opposed to open carry. I want criminals to be in doubt about who is carrying and who isn't.
I assume that by "flashing" or "printing", you refer to section 42.01a(8), Disorderly Conduct, which refers to "displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm." As long as you don't deliberately uncover your handgun, it's hard to see how that would be interpreted to apply by a reasonable person.
Someone else earlier refered to hospitals and churchs - the current law is pretty clear that in both cases you must be given effective notice.
My opinions only.
1. Open carry. Not opposed. Don't think it's very smart. B/G does threat assesment. Sees you carrying. You WILL be first person capped w/o warning when HE decides to "open the dance".
2. "Flashing". City of Watuaga vs. Mark Michael. Jacket raised briefly while exiting vehicle @ convinience store.
3. Renewal - every 2 years. $25.00. Done at DL office. Troopers are already there. Thumbprint. Mine hasn't changed in 42 years. You already have it. Twice. (Original & first renewal)
4. Code/restricition on DL. I already have an "A" on my DL. (Corrective lenses) I think motorcycles have an MC. Make it an F, G, H, or W.
I've never had a store clerk ask what the "A" meant. They are too busy/underpaid to care, other than your name matches the ckeck you are writing.
5. Lose your DL privileges, but not CHL, hole punch a certain area on the DL. Same with CHL vs. DL. Holepunch the CHL area/restriction.
More as I think about it. :)