Background checks

What should be on the 2007 agenda for CHL's?

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

USMC-COL
Posts in topic: 1

For the record

Post by USMC-COL »

Two years ago I accepted a position as a security coordinator job on a federal contract on a last minute notice. There was little time to do a background check since I had to deploy within 72 hours, but because of my background, my TX CHL was accepted as an interim step in lieu of a background check. Just a note that is has been done.
Respectfully and Semper Fi,
F. Phil Torres
Colonel of Marines, Retired
Independent Security Contractor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Unarmed Combat Instructor
NRA Life Member

stevie_d_64

Re: For the record

Post by stevie_d_64 »

USMC-COL wrote:Two years ago I accepted a position as a security coordinator job on a federal contract on a last minute notice. There was little time to do a background check since I had to deploy within 72 hours, but because of my background, my TX CHL was accepted as an interim step in lieu of a background check. Just a note that is has been done.
That shows good judgement, and flexibility on that companies part...Considering the job you were being hired for...

I'm glad I am able to at least note the level of security clearance I was given while in the service on my resume...Sometimes DoD does not want you to do so even after you've been honorably discharged...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

txinvestigator

Re: Background check ?

Post by txinvestigator »

Mrjayjay00 wrote:Just wondering if anyone knew exactly what all they check for when they do a background for CHL. Never have really known how or what they all check for this just wondering. I think it would be good to know what all the state checked and the FBI or whomever else may check. I know that when they run you DL for local police it usually just shows any outstanding warrants and other criteria in relation. So if anyone could post correct or exact answers and not probably's or maybe's that would be great .

Mrjayjay00
Texas City
CHL holder
Bersa Thunder .380 s/a w/3 7rd. mags
Just enough to stop'm
DPS sends your Fingerprints to the FBI, who performs the national NCIC check. Any crimes in other states are reported back to DPS.

DPS runs a Texas TCIC check. They also check the county clerk of every county in which you have lived.

They do not just search 5 years back, they search for ANY records.

Federal Law prevents a pre-employment background check from reporting crimes over 7 years old.

Return to “Goals for 2007”