Disabled Vets

What should be on the 2007 agenda for CHL's?

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Disabled Vets

Postby ElGato » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:00 pm

How about cutting some cost for Disabled Vets, they get help on some other State license, ( car or truck and hunting license ) and I think there should be something passed to help them with the CHL.
Tomcat
http://www.tomestepshooting.com
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me
ElGato
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:35 am
Location: Texas City, Texas

Postby Charles L. Cotton » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:20 am

Great idea!
Chas.
User avatar
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
 
Posts: 12772
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX

Postby stevie_d_64 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:11 pm

How about free...I'm not disabled by an act of war, but I am a veteran, and I can be totally supportive of that idea...

We're going to have quite a few people with that status, considering what we are taking care of these days...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!
User avatar
stevie_d_64
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7550
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:17 pm
Location: Houston, Texas 77089

Postby Warhorse545 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:07 pm

Reduced or free would be a nice idea I think. We did get the CHL for military members under 21 passed. I think this idea would fly as well.


Stacey
TSRA Life Member
Warhorse545
Member
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:58 am
Location: Round Rock, TX

Re: Disabled Vets

Postby ElGato » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:25 pm

ElGato wrote:How about cutting some cost for Disabled Vets, they get help on some other State license, ( car or truck and hunting license ) and I think there should be something passed to help them with the CHL.
Tomcat


I have to bring the DV's up again, I don't want this one forgotten.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me
ElGato
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:35 am
Location: Texas City, Texas

Postby longtooth » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:20 pm

Good idea. NON-vet but totally supportive. :patriot:
Image
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11
longtooth
Moderator
 
Posts: 11840
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Angelina County

Postby cyphur » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:41 pm

As a DV myself, I am fully supportive of this.
cyphur
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:02 am
Location: Flower mound, Tx

Postby carlson1 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:59 pm

longtooth wrote:Good idea. NON-vet but totally supportive. :patriot:
:iagree:
User avatar
carlson1
Senior Member
 
Posts: 6856
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Postby quidni » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:33 pm

I would add, include the Purple Heart recipients in the discount as well as the disabled Veterans. Or, just include ALL military veterans - they all served, after all. "Freedom isn't Free" - and I wouldn't mind my taxes subsidizing something like this for those folks whose livelihood was keeping this country free for folks like me.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me
User avatar
quidni
Senior Member
 
Posts: 791
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:04 am
Location: El Paso County

Postby longtooth » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:07 am

Best idea yet. :iagree: :patriot:
Image
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11
longtooth
Moderator
 
Posts: 11840
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:31 pm
Location: Angelina County

Postby Diode » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:19 am

I would gladly pay a little more for my license so the Veterans catch a break! They have only offered up their lives in defense of our country, the founding fathers missed that one! Of course backthen EVERYONE was a vet! :smash:
Diode
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:45 pm
Location: Spring Texas

Postby RPBrown » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:45 am

quidni wrote:I would add, include the Purple Heart recipients in the discount as well as the disabled Veterans. Or, just include ALL military veterans - they all served, after all. "Freedom isn't Free" - and I wouldn't mind my taxes subsidizing something like this for those folks whose livelihood was keeping this country free for folks like me.


:iagree: :thumbsup:
NRA-Life member
TSRA-Life member
Image
User avatar
RPBrown
Senior Member
 
Posts: 2873
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:56 am
Location: Irving, Texas

Postby ElGato » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:52 am

cyphur wrote:As a DV myself, I am fully supportive of this.



Me too, and to be honest I don't need it, but I know so many who need every break they can get.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me
ElGato
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:35 am
Location: Texas City, Texas

Postby txinvestigator » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:26 am

RPBrown wrote:
quidni wrote:I would add, include the Purple Heart recipients in the discount as well as the disabled Veterans. Or, just include ALL military veterans - they all served, after all. "Freedom isn't Free" - and I wouldn't mind my taxes subsidizing something like this for those folks whose livelihood was keeping this country free for folks like me.


:iagree: :thumbsup:


+1
*CHL Instructor*


"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.
txinvestigator
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4331
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 6:40 pm
Location: DFW area

Postby TxFire » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:06 pm

I support it, but see no reason anyone should need to pay MORE to support it. I think we can just write it off.
TxFire
Senior Member
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:51 pm
Location: Wylie, Texas

Next

Return to Goals for 2007

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest