Remove S.A / NSA restrictions

What should be on the 2007 agenda for CHL's?

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

dolanp
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dolanp »

Well I think you wouldn't have people doing unsafe thing with semi-autos at the qualification test if they could just qualify with a revolver and still be able to carry semi-autos when/if they ever learned. It's not like someone will get a CHL and try to carry a pistol they don't know how to operate, or at least I would hope not.

Regardless the restriction seems to be a little silly.
Springfield XD 9mm Service

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 3

Post by txinvestigator »

dolanp wrote:Well I think you wouldn't have people doing unsafe thing with semi-autos at the qualification test if they could just qualify with a revolver and still be able to carry semi-autos when/if they ever learned. It's not like someone will get a CHL and try to carry a pistol they don't know how to operate, or at least I would hope not.

People come in to renew that have been carrying pistols that do not how to operate.

The people who belong to this website, I believe, are the responsible gun owners. You should not anticipate how others will behave based on how you would.

I see crazy stuff every week. :shock:

Kantishna
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kantishna »

Hello.....It is my understanding the SA/NSA came about when the CHL law was being written. The politicos who were agains the CHL said we should not have people carrying firearms and not knowing how to use them. Made sense! So our people said why not have them qualify the same as the TDPS. That made sense also. Now having said that .....The law does not mean any more than having a drivers license saying auto/stick shift! But having met a state mandated level of proficiency gives the CHL holder some (mabe) level of protection against a civil suit or worse. Take Care 64N 150W

dolanp
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dolanp »

txinvestigator wrote:
dolanp wrote:Well I think you wouldn't have people doing unsafe thing with semi-autos at the qualification test if they could just qualify with a revolver and still be able to carry semi-autos when/if they ever learned. It's not like someone will get a CHL and try to carry a pistol they don't know how to operate, or at least I would hope not.

People come in to renew that have been carrying pistols that do not how to operate.

The people who belong to this website, I believe, are the responsible gun owners. You should not anticipate how others will behave based on how you would.

I see crazy stuff every week. :shock:
Oh I believe it, but that just reinforces my point that people will be people and the SA/NSA thing isn't really going to change that.
Springfield XD 9mm Service

fiftycal
Posts in topic: 1

Re: You Nailed It.

Post by fiftycal »

anygunanywhere wrote:Amen, Baytown. The SA/NSA is bull. The wife packs a revolver. I had her shoot and qualify with a SA since, maybe the day pigs fly, she will want to pack a hmmmm, let's see, Desert Eagle?
Or Maybe she will take your truck down to the 7-11 one day and "officer friendly" will stop her and won't have to arrest her for having a piece she isn't "qualified" to carry.

DPS initiated the whole SA/NSA bull because 10 years ago a lot of cops were transitioning from wheel guns to Glocks and couldn't figure out that if you pull the trigger on a Glock it will go bang.

SA/NSA needs to GO! It is the HOLDERS RESPONSIBILITY to be competent with the gun they are carrying. Looked at another way, we are one step from other states that demand you QUALIFY with EVERY GUN you carry AND put those serial numbers on your CHL!

Return to “Goals for 2007”