Moderator: Charles L. Cotton
There need to be exemptions that allow someone to take a young adult out hunting without a hunters safety course.
gigag04 wrote:What if a valid CHL met the requirement of the Hunter Safety Course?
I still havent taken the HSC.
What purpose does a mandatory safety course serve if you can just exempt it?
I understand that you may want to "try out" hunting before getting it, but wouldn't that be MORE dangerous? An unexperienced hunter "trying it" ??
Once my AR is complete, I'll take the course just to save myself the headache when spotlighting hogs/whatever else I find. We have bad coyote probs back home...that could be fun too.
tomneal wrote:- Change "Concealed Carry" to just "Carry"
- Remove (or reduce) the testing and training requirements from renewals.
- Generally make renewals easier.
- Should finger prints be required for renewals?
- Can the CHL be made a legal government ID?
- Get rid of the carry restrictions by the Lower Colorado River Authority
- Get rid of the wheel gun / semi-auto differences.
- Carry in schools. Remove carry restrictions from universities. Define schools and school sporting events narrowly. Public schools through grade 12?
- Carry in schools. If you are a school employee, you should be able to carry in school.
- Sporting events - I'd really like to be able to see a baseball game but, I am not willing to walk unarmed in downtown Houston. Maybe a locker requirement for them as well.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests