Microsoft Small Business Server 2003

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Microsoft Small Business Server 2003

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Can any of you experts recommend a good book for me to read and use as a reference for Microsoft Small Business Server 2003? I bought a new server for the firm and I want to know a lot more about it. I'm tired of being totally in the dark when our IT guy talks about it.

Thanks,
Chas.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

Charles,

That's kind of an open question. Are you interested in learning more about the server hardware or the Windows Server 2003 operating system? How much do you know already? Most of the books I have experience with are the ones geared toward getting you through the next level certification exam.

If you just want a basic starting point, go with "Windows Server 2003 for Dummies" or "Windows Server 2003: A Beginners Guide". Both of those are readily available at Barnes and Noble. If you are more advanced than that, then the Sybex series books are always a good reference.

Hope that helps.

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

I've found the "... for Dummies" and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to ..." books reliable on the topics that I have used them for. (Neither has a book about shooting, which may be a good thing. :smile:)

Sams publishing company has an "... Unleased" series that is also good, but geared to a more technical audience.

I am an electrical engineer and work for a company with "software" in its name, FWIW.

- Jim

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”