Slideshow software

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Slideshow software

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

A good friend's son is getting married and they need software to create a slideshow from electronic photos with music background. I know PowerPoint can be used, but they want something that will appear to be selecting photos from several in a group, then zoom in.

Does anyone know of such a program?

Thanks,
Chas.

Keith B

Re: Slideshow software

Post by Keith B »

There are some free ones out there. Smilebox is one http://www.smilebox.com/lp/slideshows.h ... &gclsrc=ds" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Here's another NCH http://www.nchsoftware.com/slideshow/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just Google Multimedia Slide Show software and you can find quite a few.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RottenApple

Re: Slideshow software

Post by RottenApple »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:A good friend's son is getting married and they need software to create a slideshow from electronic photos with music background. I know PowerPoint can be used, but they want something that will appear to be selecting photos from several in a group, then zoom in.

Does anyone know of such a program?

Thanks,
Chas.
Charles, best bet is to find someone with a Mac and have them import them into iMovie. I do this kind of stuff all the time for friends and its really quick and simple. Just use no theme and set iMovie to use the Ken Burns effect and it will achieve exactly the effect you are describing.

Matter of fact, I'll be glad to put it together for them if they'd like. Feel free to PM me if they want me to put it together for them or just talk them through it.

BTW, yes, it will be usable on a PC (or even in a DVD player if they need it), even though its made on a Mac.

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”