Monitor orientation problem

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Monitor orientation problem

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

My wife has a new HP laptop that she often uses with her wireless keyboard and a large external monitor. She leaned forward for some files and apparently hit a combination of keys that has the image on her monitor rotated 90 degrees and neither of us can figure out how to fix it. The image on her laptop is fine and even the external monitor is fine as long as the laptop is open. When she closes the laptop to use the large monitor, the image rotates 90 degrees.

It must have something to do with a setting for an external monitor, but I can't find anything. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,
Chas.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Monitor orientation problem

Post by Keith B »

Tell her it is so she can lay down in bed and still use it. :lol:

Try this link http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... =c01676226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Thanks Keith, that hot key shortcut fixed it. She must have hit control + shift + <---- when she leaned over the keyboard.

Chas.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Thanks Keith, that hot key shortcut fixed it. She must have hit control + shift + <---- when she leaned over the keyboard.

Chas.
One "fat finger" can do that one, CTL and Shift are close enough to each other to get with one finger, and since getting a < requires a Shift, there you go.

Didn't actually have the solution at hand, but in my years of supporting terminals and PCs I saw that and other similar key combinations many times.

My favorite was always when someone used (often on purpose) the print or print screen buttons or combination, and the printer was out of paper or something, and it locked their terminal up.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

just after I got my laptop, I got my puppy, and she walked on my laptop and hit something and suddenly my screen was upside-down :shock: my husband couldn't figure it out....finally had to get the teen boy....he finally worked it out with an upside-down google search, which was entertaining to watch in itself ;-)
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”