Strange scripts on the forum?

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Strange scripts on the forum?

Post by tbrown »

Has anybody else noticed other sites trying to run scripts when you visit the forum?
scripts.jpg
scripts.jpg (7.01 KiB) Viewed 2542 times
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Strange scripts on the forum?

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

tbrown wrote:Has anybody else noticed other sites trying to run scripts when you visit the forum?
scripts.jpg
What does that mean? How would I know if it is on my computer? Is there some way to stop it?

DocV

Post by DocV »

superfish and zillionfast are well-known browser 'add-ons' that antivirus companies classify as "potentially unwanted software". The 'add-ons' typically are installed on the local machine by other 'free' browser extensions. On the positive side, running no-script can aide in preventing these software fleas from contacting their mothership. If you want to rid yourself of them you need to go on a search and destroy mission to remove the parasite add-ons from your browser.

OldGrumpy

Post by OldGrumpy »

Are you running any firewall and antivirus protection software? They will block these types of software from installing themselves on your machine.
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

I recommend you run Malwarebytes to see what is on your system. http://www.malwarebytes.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It is a great tool to clean those nasty browser add-ons and other malware from your PC.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tbrown »

Thank you gentlemen. Between malwarebytes and a fresh install of my browser, the strange scripts are gone.
I'm not sure why I was only seeing them on this site, but I'm happy to be rid of them.

:thewave
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”