My application get lost?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
texasgunguy2
Posts in topic: 3

My application get lost?

Post by texasgunguy2 »

I mailed in my checklist and documents 6 full weeks ago, and the website still says:

License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page.

That is the same thing it said before I mailed the documents in. I tried calling yesterday but was unable to get through on the phone.

Is 6 weeks not long enough for that status to change? A friend of mine said within 6 weeks of submitting he had received his license.

Thank you for any help

The_Busy_Mom
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My application get lost?

Post by The_Busy_Mom »

Welcome to the forum!!

Without too much detail, was there anything in your application that would need further review? For example, any arrests, etc., that DPS would need to look into further would cause the application to take more time. Also, a lot of time the application process isn't updated on the DPS end until your application is approved and the license is being printed. This happened to me. My status stayed the same as yours until one day it said license printing (or whatever official language is put on the status).

Also, are you sure that DPS has received your documents? Did you send the documents return receipt USPS? If you are sure DPS has received your documents (return receipt was signed, etc.) and you haven't heard something within the next week or so, and there is nothing in your application that would require further attention, then I would definitely give them a call.

:txflag: TBM
Texas CHL Instructor / NRA Certified Instructor
Final Shot Armory - Specializing in Firearms Sales & Transfers, NFA Sales
$20 Transfers for Current TX CHL Holders, Military, Teachers, LEO / $25 Everyone else
http://www.FinalShotUS.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Selcouth

Post by Selcouth »

Gonna have to try multiple times to get through to someone. There are people waiting 90 days to get their CHL due to the influx in applications.

Topic author
texasgunguy2

Post by texasgunguy2 »

No issues with my application or background or any of that.

I mailed the application I did not do a return receipt because the post office was closed when I dropped it off. The last time I mailed a letter return receipt it got there but I never received the signed return copy. Since then I haven't been too excited to throw my money away on that.

I should have been more clear in my original question, that is what I am concerned about is that my documents got lost in the mail.

If application times are taking 90 days then I have not waited that long yet. I don't want to sound impatient, I am now just more concerned that they never received the documents. I guess I will wait a few more weeks and then call. I should have mailed them priority mail or something like that then I would have known they had arrived.

Thanks for the help.

Topic author
texasgunguy2

Post by texasgunguy2 »

I swear I looked all over the forum before I posted my question. I just found the feb applicatiobn waiting list post here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=71372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still have some time to wait.

infoman

Post by infoman »

It takes 2 months before the status updates showing receipt of the documents. You're wasting your time if you call within 2 months.

FormerTSgt

Post by FormerTSgt »

I took care of EVERYTHING in early February; class, documentation, payments, upload of all documentation.

Since then I have had to call three times for even an update as the website STILL says that my application has been received online but they are awaiting my supporting documentation.

The first hint that something was wrong was when I received an email saying they are still waiting for my supporting documents a few weeks AFTER I uploaded them. I called and was told they couldn't find any record of them so, thinking there was a glitch, I uploaded them again; no big deal.

Shortly after that I received ANOTHER email saying they had no record of my supporting documents. Once again, I uploaded them.

The second time I called was in mid March; while on the phone with DPS I uploaded my supporting documents (for the THIRD time) and the girl on the phone with me verified that the documents arrived right then and there and that I had done everything necessary; no further action needed on my behalf. She said by the following Wednesday the website would reflect that they had been received and were being processed and that she would put a note on my application to try and move it along. She was very courteous, friendly, and seemed helpful so it seemed like things were finally fixed. Nope, the website never changed.

My third phone call was at the beginning of April and the guy I spoke to told me they had only just started processing the stuff from February (which flies directly in the face of what I was told before) and that I was just going to have to wait. He also said there was no way for him to verify if my documents had been received or not. I explained what the young lady said and he just blew it off.

So as of today, almost three months later, the website still says they are awaiting arrival of my supporting documentation.

I know there are people here who freak out at the smallest criticism of anything Texas related but simply put, this process is sorely inefficient and Texas really needs to fix the CHL application/processing system.
Former TSgt USAF Security Forces
Iraq Vet

jmra

Post by jmra »

FormerTSgt wrote:I took care of EVERYTHING in early February; class, documentation, payments, upload of all documentation.

Since then I have had to call three times for even an update as the website STILL says that my application has been received online but they are awaiting my supporting documentation.

The first hint that something was wrong was when I received an email saying they are still waiting for my supporting documents a few weeks AFTER I uploaded them. I called and was told they couldn't find any record of them so, thinking there was a glitch, I uploaded them again; no big deal.

Shortly after that I received ANOTHER email saying they had no record of my supporting documents. Once again, I uploaded them.

The second time I called was in mid March; while on the phone with DPS I uploaded my supporting documents (for the THIRD time) and the girl on the phone with me verified that the documents arrived right then and there and that I had done everything necessary; no further action needed on my behalf. She said by the following Wednesday the website would reflect that they had been received and were being processed and that she would put a note on my application to try and move it along. She was very courteous, friendly, and seemed helpful so it seemed like things were finally fixed. Nope, the website never changed.

My third phone call was at the beginning of April and the guy I spoke to told me they had only just started processing the stuff from February (which flies directly in the face of what I was told before) and that I was just going to have to wait. He also said there was no way for him to verify if my documents had been received or not. I explained what the young lady said and he just blew it off.

So as of today, almost three months later, the website still says they are awaiting arrival of my supporting documentation.

I know there are people here who freak out at the smallest criticism of anything Texas related but simply put, this process is sorely inefficient and Texas really needs to fix the CHL application/processing system.
Have you contacted your state representative?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

FormerTSgt

Post by FormerTSgt »

Yup. No response, email or handwritten. Now my friend who took the class TWO WEEKS after I did received his CHL in the mail today. The website still says they are waiting on my additional documents which I have verified they have received. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Iraq Vet

TomV

Post by TomV »

Keep calling. You will eventually get in contact with someone who will give you to a supervisor. I was over 100 days when it got escalated and taken care of.

Good luck
http://www.3atatraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FormerTSgt

Post by FormerTSgt »

Over (submitted in early Feb) 4 months now. Just called again and got a guy who said not only do they have all my required documentation, he sees that I have sent it multiple times (the other representatives said they couldn't see but one upload) and has no idea why it has never been processed but that it has been left sitting and never routed to the correct department. He stated he would annotate my account and deliver all my documents to a supervisor Monday to try and get it processed. He also stated the supervisor will contact me via email or phone on Monday afternoon to follow up with me. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope this is FINALLY resolved but I have heard this before. He did seem more sincere than the other guy I spoke with who told me I just have to wait. After over 4 months, what's a few more days?
Iraq Vet

lithium398

Post by lithium398 »

Talk about frustration, hope its smooth sailing from here on out for you!

diaz318

Post by diaz318 »

when i log in it only shows the link to apply for instructor, does this mean my application is complete?

EnigmaEvo8

Post by EnigmaEvo8 »

Seems as of late than when it updates to allow you to change your mailing address plus a couple other things that you're completed and is more than likely in the mail or close to being there.
Online Application 4/29/14 Fingerprints 5/5/14
CHL Class 5/31/14 Documents E-Mailed 5/31/14
Documents received confirmation 6/2/14
CHL in hand 7/17/14

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”