Waiting on background check?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Shinesintx
Posts in topic: 1

Waiting on background check?

Post by Shinesintx »

It took nearly 2 months for DPS to confirm that they even received anything. Now, it would seem that I am only waiting on the background check. How much longer should that take?

I have a Utah license, so waiting time is not really that important...just curious.

On a side note: Since I already had a CWP from Utah and have spent several years on this forum, the Texas CHL class was a breeze!

Vbsandler

Re: Waiting on background check?

Post by Vbsandler »

Once I was moved to the backroung check it took 7 days to complete and then 7 days to receive my plastic in the mail. :txflag:

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I wish...mine has said background check under review for a over two weeks now...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Av8tor

Post by Av8tor »

Mine still says background check and it has been for over 3 weeks Going on the fourth week.
I contacted them an his reply was apologetic saying that they had processed the documents to their imaging section . He will re route them today to the proper section ; this will take about ten days for clarification and review... Our apologies!!!

So , I suggest sending them an e-mail.

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

you might as well mail it and forget it because mine never changed past received until everything was done almost 3 months later. then it said mailed and was in my mailbox 2 days later!
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”