Sending for military app

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TrackinPat
Posts in topic: 4

Sending for military app

Post by TrackinPat »

Hello all, new to the forum and excited to be here. I attended the CHL class yesterday and signed up for fingerprinting on Tuesday so I guess Tuesday will be the day I aim to send everything in. A few questions though...
1) Has anyone sent in online? I searched threads and most people only did renewals online, I can't seem to find the email on their site as to where to email... it just says you can.
2) It mentions I can send in my Leave and Earnings Statement OR my DD-214 (Member IV) form, which did yall send in and is there any reason why I should send one or the other?

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sending for military app

Post by MoJo »

Those of us who are discharged send the DD214. Active duty sends in the leave and earnings statement. I see from your profile you are a Marine reservist unless you are inactive reserve send your leave and earnings.

Thank you for your service. :patriot:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

MoJo wrote:Those of us who are discharged send the DD214. Active duty sends in the leave and earnings statement. I see from your profile you are a Marine reservist unless you are inactive reserve send your leave and earnings.

Thank you for your service. :patriot:
Thank you, and thank you for yours! :patriot:
Well I am a drilling reservist (been in 4 of my 6 contract years) so I suppose I could pull a Leave and Earnings easy enough from mypay website. I only asked because my DD-214 is sitting next to me already! I will print my LES though and make a copy of my CAC card at the same time. Does it need to be front and back of just the front of my CAC card?

longhorn86
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longhorn86 »

Answer to question #1:

Go here: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Select Concealed Handgun from the drop down and New Application from the my question concerns drop down. Then fill out all the required fields. At the bottom, there is a section to upload docs.
NRA Life Member

Topic author
TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

longhorn86 wrote:Answer to question #1:

Go here: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/contact/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Select Concealed Handgun from the drop down and New Application from the my question concerns drop down. Then fill out all the required fields. At the bottom, there is a section to upload docs.
I saw that, just wasn't sure if that was the proper place to upload my stuff. Thank you!

Topic author
TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

I just uploaded everything and hit "Submit"!!! Hopefully I have successfully entered the "waiting" process! :roll:

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”