Glad to be here!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Borntexan1962
Posts in topic: 5

Glad to be here!

Post by Borntexan1962 »

Ok will the government shutdown slow or delay my license? Recvd the return receipt today. Just wondering if I should expect it to lengthen the process.
Thanks for any help!

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Glad to be here!

Post by CHLLady »

Borntexan1962 wrote:Ok will the government shutdown slow or delay my license? Recvd the return receipt today. Just wondering if I should expect it to lengthen the process.
Thanks for any help!
Welcome! I wouldn't think so, unless it relates to federal resources somehow. Maybe for federal info. on background check? Heck, they say our national security is at risk...

Any rate, hang out here anyway. There's so much to learn. ;-)
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Welcome to the forum

The only issue may be background checks from the FBI

Use this time to learn what you can about the laws. Also, carry around your house, get comfortable with your method of carry and/or learn what works and what doesn't. That way when the plastic does arrive, you won't have to be trying different things in public.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Don't check the DPS website for at least 2-1/2 months. You will drive yourself crazy. If you wait that long, chances are you will have plastic in hand before you check it the first time (also about the time it changes to "pending background check").
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Borntexan1962

Post by Borntexan1962 »

It wouldn't let me file online , so ive mailed it in ,certified with return receipt. I had a chl in 1996 till 2000 and moved to tenn then had one there then moved to va ,had one there that is still good till next dec (2014) ,mailed it last thur got the return receipt on tues.Check has not cleared yet, So all I can do is wait.

Topic author
Borntexan1962

Post by Borntexan1962 »

Ok guys, They have cashed my check ,How much longer does it usually take?

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

I filed my application on 9/15/13 and the status says: "License Status: Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page." It still has not changed.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Topic author
Borntexan1962

Post by Borntexan1962 »

I could not file online it said they had no record of my DD # so I mailed it in ,so I have no way to ck status.

Topic author
Borntexan1962

Post by Borntexan1962 »

Hello guys and ladies! Ok , Do yall think that they will ask for my finger prints again I had a chl in Texas ,that exspired when I moved to TN,then had one in tn , then had one in VA all 3 states fingerprinted me.TN and VA did it digitally scanning them, Just wondering ?Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Trilogy

Post by Trilogy »

You can pretty much count on having to submit new fingerprints. DPS now only uses digital fingerprints and they need to be taken by their approved vendor MorphoTrust USA. You can find the link on the application page of the DPS website.
Trilogy
CHL Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”