I think I messed up...

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LivewireBlanco
Posts in topic: 4

I think I messed up...

Post by LivewireBlanco »

Hello everyone! My first post and I thought I would join the forum since I took my CHL class today.

Anyways, I just filled out my online registration and when I was doing the finger print portion I saw the screen that said to put a number that the agency gave me or leave it blank. I left it blank and when it showed the summary at the end I think I was supposed to put the numbers and letter that were under the bar code from the registration. Was I supposed to leave it blank or was I supposed to put those numbers and letters?

brucesw2
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I think I messed up...

Post by brucesw2 »

I don't think you messed up if I am correct it is all automated if you made the appointment while doing the online application..If it let yu make the appointment your ok

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

Call on Monday and double check. Some people claim the customer service on the phone is slow or unhelpful, but I never had trouble getting someone to answer the phone and address my questions. I think once I was on hold for a few moments, but nothing bad. However, I think they're busier now. But I think it's worth a try.

Amonix

Post by Amonix »

As I recall you have to set the appointment and pay for it. Just give the place a call that you will go to and see what information they can give you. The form they give you is rather simple and just has your name and some other information. The record when you send your paperwork in the FastPass form is going to be attached to that bar code you have to send into DPS.
Amonix
CompTIA A+ Certified Professionaln
CIW Certified Web Foundations Associate
[Changing the world one byte at a time]

Topic author
LivewireBlanco

Post by LivewireBlanco »

Ok thanks! I think I was just worrying about nothing. Going to get my prints taken tomorrow and then off to the post office!

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

You did not need to put anything in there. All the important parts automatically transfer over from the CHL application to the fingerprint record. And, anything that does not, but is needed, will be added by the fingerprint tech at your appointment.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
LivewireBlanco

Post by LivewireBlanco »

Ok, quick question. On my FAST form where it says CHL ID#, is this the number under the barcode I printed when I filled out the online form? I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in a search.

infoman

Post by infoman »

You need to leave that line blank.

Topic author
LivewireBlanco

Post by LivewireBlanco »

Thanks! I'll be glad when this is all done and in the mail!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”