Boxes checked on CHL renewal checklist?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
keoking
Posts in topic: 1

Boxes checked on CHL renewal checklist?

Post by keoking »

Started renewal process online, and printed out CHL online application checklist. It says to submit above items (in any). Checklist has one item for checklist and another for photo/fingerprints. The boxes to the left are empty, but I don't know if that matters. Does having these line items there mean I need to submit them, or are they always there but are not currently required because the boxes aren't checked or x'ed?

infoman
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Boxes checked on CHL renewal checklist?

Post by infoman »

You do not need to send anything in at all, you're totally done. Online renewals like that are automatic.

jiggerachi

Post by jiggerachi »

Related question. Completed online renewal, paid. Got this confirmation email with this 'checklist'
Below is your checklist of required supporting documentation:
*Checklist (or your confirmation email containing the transaction barcode)
*TxDPS will attempt to use the passport photo and resubmit the fingerprints on file for your renewal application. If either of these items does not meet current quality standards, TxDPS will notify the applicant and a new submission will be required.

If you have not already done so, please submit all items listed above (if any) at one time by secured email to RSD or by mail to:

The RSD link it takes you to is here http://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/chl/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Logging in, I only have an option to submit an instructor application. No link to view status, submit anything. The only place I can see to submit forms is through the "Contact Center" elsewhere on that page. Is this where I need to submit the printed & scanned barcode email?

I'm a little confused why this is necessary anyway. Why is it necessary to email them a copy of an email they already sent me? Why don't the links go directly?

Or, like the above poster, do I need to submit anything at all, am I done here?

I appreciate the new system, but seems like it could have been implemented better.

Or maybe i'm just missing something :confused5 Thanks.

handog

Post by handog »

I'm scratching my head as well :confused5 Submit bar code?

infoman

Post by infoman »

Again, online renewals like that are automatic. You do not need to send in anything, not even the checklist page. The only times someone does send something in is when they renew as veteran, military, police, indigent, etc. You renewed as standard or senior, so you do NOT send any documents to DPS. You're completely done.

jiggerachi

Post by jiggerachi »

Thanks. That makes better sense. I didn't have the printout in front of me only the email at the time I wrote that. The email has them as bullet points making it look like a list of things to submit. Looking at the printout now, thy are boxes are unchecked. Noticing that they are, in fact, checkboxes that are unchecked(hard to tell without seeing checkmarks) it makes a little more sense that it's a round about way of saying nothing is required, lol.

Thanks for the clarification. All is good. Seems like it just needs to be maybe worded better, or i'm just dense.

Mason

Post by Mason »

infoman wrote:Again, online renewals like that are automatic. You do not need to send in anything, not even the checklist page. The only times someone does send something in is when they renew as veteran, military, police, indigent, etc You renewed as standard or senior, so you do NOT send any documents to DPS. You're completely done.
I don't remember if I applied as senior or veteran the first time I applied 5 years ago. I thought I saved a copy of all the papers that I sent them, but seems I have misplaced them.
However on this renewal process I checked the Veteran box and finished the renewal procedure.

The checklist email I received states,
Please submit the following items:

Copy of DD-24, OR any other official documentation showing the applicant is honorably retired military ( if not on file)

How would I know if the documentation is on file or not? Will they contact me to let me know if they have the information in their file or not?

TxDPS will attempt to use the passport photo and resubmit the fingerprints on file for your renewal application. If either of these items does not meet current quality standards, TxDPS will notify the applicant and a new submission will be required.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”