2nd Amendment Debate on 6/7 Nov 07 for You Houstonites...

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

2nd Amendment Debate on 6/7 Nov 07 for You Houstonites...

Post by ELB »

From Clayton Cramer's blog:
Coming Attractions: Debate in Houston

I will be debating Stanford Professor of History Jack N. Rakove about the meaning of the Second Amendment on Tuesday, November 6 and Wednesday, November 7. The first debate takes places starting at 12:30 PM at the Houston Community College Westgate Center in the Student Cyber Lounge. The second debate will be at the Houston Community College Central Campus room 151 in the San Jacinto Building (SJAC). The first round will last from 10:00 AM to 11:20 AM; the second round will be from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM.

I'm hoping that some of my loyal fan base will show up with digital video cameras and record the events. If you can do this, please let me know!
http://www.claytoncramer.com/weblog/200 ... 9307518173

There are links to the debate locations on Mr. Cramer's original blog posting.

Clayton Cramer is a software engineer whose passion seems to be history, especially as related to the 2nd Amendment. He most recently wrote Armed America: The Remarkable Story of How and Why Guns Became as American as Apple Pie,, has written several other works on the 2A, and he was the man who uncovered Bellesiles' fraud in Arming America: The Origins of a National Gun Culture, where Bellesiles purported to show that early America had few firearms, ergo the 2A could not be about individual ownership.

Would be interested in driving up to Houston and seeing it myself, but duty calls -- I will be acting as a poll official on Tuesday (you all knew Texas has an election next Tue 6 Nov, right?), and since it will be a long day, doubt I'll have the energy to drive to Houston on Wednesday to catch the second half.

If anyone goes, would be interested in your comments.

And no, I do not know if those locations are "posted". :roll:

elb

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I'm doing the Election Judging as well, and working the next day...

The timing of the event stinks! :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “Federal”