John McCain
No votes
Mike Huckabee
30%

Total votes: 81

lawrnk
Posts in topic: 4

Post by lawrnk »

stevie_d_64 wrote:Should have included the Democrat party candidates as well...

Not that I lean that way... ;-)
There are only 2 democrats on this forum (thankfully)
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Topic author
Doug.38PR

Post by Doug.38PR »

It seems in just about all online polls I've done on gun forums, Paul seems to come in right about as he does here. I am surprised that since Texas is a border state, Tom Tancredo didn't get at least one vote considering the Mexican invasion problem we have here.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KBCraig »

Doug.38PR wrote:It seems in just about all online polls I've done on gun forums, Paul seems to come in right about as he does here.
A lot of gun people take the Constitution very seriously, so it's not surprising that Paul does well in those polls.

flb_78
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flb_78 »

Doug.38PR wrote:I am surprised that since Texas is a border state, Tom Tancredo didn't get at least one vote considering the Mexican invasion problem we have here.
That's because a fence won't fix the problem. Putting the military on the border ,as Paul has suggested, will put a huge dent in it.

Topic author
Doug.38PR

Post by Doug.38PR »

who said Tancredo isn't for putting the military on the border (BTW, I wasn't aware that Paul was for putting the military on the border...VERY pleased to hear that.)

flb_78
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flb_78 »

Doug.38PR wrote:who said Tancredo isn't for putting the military on the border (BTW, I wasn't aware that Paul was for putting the military on the border...VERY pleased to hear that.)
Unfortunately, unless it is looked for on the internet, many have no idea what Ron Paul stands for except for the hate speech spewed by Hannity and Mark Levin or by the likes of Wolf Blitzer who say he is a fringe candidate. I encourage everyone to click the link and see what he actually stands for and please remember that his position has never changed. He's voted the same way for 20+ years.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

raccol
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Who will you vote for

Post by raccol »

I would like to vote for McPaulianibee :biggrinjester:

Would that fit in the write-in space?
The United States Constitution ©1791. All Rights Reserved.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" Doug Patton

"I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders." Ted Nugent

http://blowoutcongress.com/

45ACP

Post by 45ACP »

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul330.html

Assuming I were a single-issue voter, and the 2d Amendment was my one and only issue, my only good choices would be Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee, in that order. Ron Paul's record of defending and upholding the Constitution is unmatched. Mike Huckabee's record as Governor did not impress me - except for being pro-gun and pro-life he behaves politically like a Democrat.

Fortunately, Ron Paul's positions match my own very well. Ron Paul has been my Congressional hero since 1984 when I first found out about him.
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection in the Home, Home Firearm Safety
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA & GOA Life Member

frankie_the_yankee
Banned

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

It looks like Thompson is getting ready to drop out. Most of his vote will go to Romney.

Both McCain and Huckabee are better on the 2A than Romney is.

But McCain is anti-1st amendment and soft on border security. Both of these are deal breakers for me.

Huckabee is great on the 2A but seems like a tax & spend liberal on almost everything else. He is pro life which is a big plus. His tax plan is not serious absent a constitutional amendment banning the income tax. (Otherwise, it's just a matter of time until we end up with both like in Europe.) He also seems squishy on border security.

Giuliani is good on national security and border security, though his position on the latter has obviously "evolved". I also think he has a good approach to injecting market forces into the health care system. I think he would also be good on appointing the right kind of judges (Originalists). He seems to favor cutting taxes which is always a plus. On the other side, he is probably the weakest when it comes to the 2A, Obviously, I would have a big problem with that.

Paul has some good ideas and some bad ones, but he will never crack double digits so it doesn't matter.

Romney is probably the best on getting and keeping the economy going. I think he has some decent ideas on health care though not as good as Rudy has. I believe his pro life "conversion". I think he lacks national security experience. He seems good on border security and immigration, though he, like others, has evolved somewhat on this. He is squishy on the 2A. I don't buy the "lifelong hunter" angle. (I'm a "lifelong hunter" too. A few friends and I jacklighted a couple of rabbits on a country road 35 years ago, and I shot a wild boar with a 12 gage in Malaysia back in the 90's as a guest of some business associates. And that's it.) Besides, what does the 2A have to do with hunting anyway?

I think that after Florida, Giuliani will be out of it (How things change!) leaving us with "anti-1A" McCain, "tax & spend" Huckabee, and "squishy" Romney.

What a mess.

Where's Newt Gingrich when we need him? Why isn't someone like John Cornyn in the mix?
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:Where's Newt Gingrich when we need him?
Who wants to inherit the mess? (Well, obviously, a dozen or so candidates who don't see it that way.) I think Mr. Gingrich is smart.

- Jim

Tajovo

Post by Tajovo »

Ron Paul.

"Paul has some good ideas and some bad ones, but he will never crack double digits so it doesn't matter."
I believe he's cracked double digits in Nevada and has been finishing much higher than Rudy in the last couple of primary's.

The sooner Rudy drops out the better, he's nothing more than a "tool" in need of a good history lesson.
Jeff
Beretta PX4 .40

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Of interest to pro-life Texans: Norma McCorvey ("Jane Roe" of Roe v. Wade), who is now a staunch anti-abortion activist, endorsed Ron Paul today.

We popped down to Shreveport yesterday, and took the whole family:

It was very short notice, but about 250 people packed the hotel conference room:

My 5 year old got a handshake:

And an autograph. Well, okay, I got an autograph, and the kid got autographed:

The shirt has been stored safely away. :cool:

Return to “Federal”