What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Different year, different candidate, same values

Post by KBCraig »

While it would be nice if Ron Paul were so eloquent as Ronald Reagan, the truth remains: Ronald Reagan's 1964 speech in support of Barry Goldwater would have him labeled a whackjob by today's GOP leadership and Fox News (but I repeat myself).

Those who consider themselves Reagan Republicans, but who support Rudy, Romney, McCain, or Fred (and never mind Huckabee), should watch this video and see how they score on the "conservative" test:

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Really??? ;-)

KB, I just don't know...I believe your support for RP is commendable and principled...I admire that immensly...

I consider myself to be a conservative with some libertarian leanings...Kinda makes me a hybrid of sorts...Its always been like that, I have also made zero changes to my positions on issues important to the country...So those people fitting very close to my position get my support...

Its always those few things that really stick in my craw about Ron Paul...I cannot agree with him or support him because of his position on our military efforts overseas...His position has drawn some people whom I would have serious dissagreements with that I have no problem confronting with facts and a position that proves them wrong from here to Christmas...

Ron Paul may be a champion for our 2A rights, but his isolationist, and international relations positions are impractical to lead this country...And to be honest, I am not reluctant to say that and stand by my opinion there...

And that in no way is a hostile dissagreement by any means...I've met him and had many great discussions about a wide variety of issues, I felt privaleged to have had those opportunities over the years...And I would continue to have interactions with him and many other political figures like him in the future...

Tell you what though...Lets see what happens in these primaries...I believe the race is wide open, and Ron Paul has a good chance to do very well in those primaries...And rightfully so! He has hit a cord with a large section of the citizens in this country, and that is a good thing...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Stevie,

RP is not isolationist.

He is a constitutionalist who believes we should not be the world's policeman sticking our nose everywhere where it does not belong.

Protect our interests and citizens.

Declare war when we are attacked. The last declared war was WW2, and how many of our fine military have died in undeclared war? If there is a war on terror then declare war and git after the terrorists.

When is South Korea going to take responsibility for their security?

How about Europe?????

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

anygunanywhere wrote:RP is not isolationist.

He is a constitutionalist who believes we should not be the world's policeman sticking our nose everywhere where it does not belong.

Protect our interests and citizens.

Declare war when we are attacked. The last declared war was WW2, and how many of our fine military have died in undeclared war? If there is a war on terror then declare war and git after the terrorists.
I respectfully dissagree...He is a Constitutionalist, but his views "isolate" us in a world, that even though everyone hates us, most of them appreciate us stepping in when they (as hypocritical as it is) choose to not do so and condemn our actions...

I agree, it does stink when we do have to play policeman to these ungrateful degenerates...(I have told this very thing to him face to face)

So I cannot agree with the idea that if we circle the wagons and not meet "evil" head on will that create the kind of world we need to continue trying to live in without the thugs of the world doing their part to screw things up...

It is not out of style to not ride out and meet the bad guys to protect your country and its citizens from evil...It would only take one phone call for me to mount up again and do it if I was asked...You don't even need to ask me...I'm getting a little older and slower and am just pickled tink that there are good kids coming in behind us who have served and are taking the banner against evil...

War is a direct result of a failure of diplomacy, and declaring war is a political function that is more an exersize in the absurd that practical...We have declared war on terrorism...Just because you can't say Afganistan, or Iraq, doesn't mean it needs to be...We are all a lot smarter than that...

Ron Paul has great points he has made...But I cannot support someone to be Commander in Chief who would put our country into a "rope a dope" strategy that would allow the war to come actively to our shores...I would rather we fight them over there wherever they may be...

And BTW, if I did have kids that were eligable to fight for our country...They would not have to be sent by me...They would know the score without me telling them a thing...I would just be dissapointed that I couldn't fight there right beside them...

Thats how committed I am to all of this...

I know you are too...All of you...We just have a different approach, and I am so ok with those diferences its not even funny...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

flb_78

Post by flb_78 »

How can you declare war without a declaring who you are going to war with? Who are we fighting and how do you know when it's over? Do we keep fighting until there are no more "islamic extremists"? Who do we kill last to declare the war won?

pistolchamp

conservative or not

Post by pistolchamp »

WOW! This forum certainly puts a lot of us on the soapbox.

I could not support Mr. Paul only because he does not seem to understand international politics, nor our reasons for going to war on terror. I am most pleased to have the war on their turf than on ours.

Just imagine having to cope with I.E.D.s, bullets flying all over, and the filth and degradation our country would endure if it came here.

Several of my very closest and dearest friends have sons in Iraq and one has a son graduating from Army Boot Camp today in Georgia... soon to be headed for the sand box. I bounced these kids on my lap when they were babies and I love them like my own and would never allow them to go in harm's way if it was not necessary, but, it is.

My own son has been there as a civilian, he was not accepted by the Army due to severe shin splints.

We've all seen the current watchwords "follow the money". Believe me it is the best way to get to the truth.

We are ruining the ecomony of the terrorists by killing them, confiscating funds, destoying their equipment and their confidence. By following the money to the source we have cut them off at the knees and they cannot afford to be here. The number of casualties and terrorist acts have dropped dramatically and President Bush has made it possible for our troops to put them on the defensive.

This without the support of most of the world. Yes they say they hate us, yes, they say they don't want us to be the world's policeman, but, who do they call when it hits the fan, they call us.... the U.S.

Just remember, there ain't no Justice, there's "just us".

I'll vote in the Damocrap primaries, probably for Obambam, but, that could change. The reason??? Any vote against the Hildebeast is a vote for freedom and I want the Damocrap nomination to go to the easiest one they have for us to beat... and in my humble opinion its the Radical, Liberal, Black Muslim, but, like I said that could change.

I will support whomever we decide to represent the GOP. Mike Huckabee is my current choice, but, I will go with whomever is nominated... even if it means choosing from the least of two evils... it will not be as evil as another Clinton or Obambam... I really don't see anyone else winning a nomination on their side.

I can't wait to see the message torn apart.

Noeli Furaha, (Merry Christmas, Swahili)

Return to “Federal”