Tea Party '07... midnight tonight!

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Will938
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tea Party '07... midnight tonight!

Post by Will938 »

Less than 6 million? As I recall it got 6.06 million just before midnight in online donations, now when the offline donations come in (have they? last time those netted 300k) he will likely hold the record for the largest single day fundraiser pre-primary ever. Larger than Kerry or Clinton.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by KBCraig »

Will938 wrote:Less than 6 million? As I recall it got 6.06 million just before midnight in online donations, now when the offline donations come in (have they? last time those netted 300k) he will likely hold the record for the largest single day fundraiser pre-primary ever. Larger than Kerry or Clinton.
Official word from the campaign is $6.026 million.

:cool:

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

And in my very suspicious mind, I think this is one of the reasons you hear so much about how crazy and unelectable Ron Paul is, along with so much of the throw away vote stuff.

The Republicans are seeing the writing on the wall. There are a lot of people who are dissatisfied with the Republicans and want to see a real small government candidate and party. When Paul was not getting many donations, he could be written off. Now that he is getting lots of money, he is a very real threat to the party. And, what is really scary to them is that he is not getting money in big chucks, but lots of small donations from very active people. Combined with the active people showing up at his rallies and dominating the Internet, it means that there are a LOT of people who support Ron Paul.

That is scary when it is the Republican party looking at the fight of its life with the Democrats.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “Federal”