What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
frankie_the_yankee
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Romney just messed up

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

And if there is determined to be, from time to time, a weapon of such lethality that it poses a grave risk to our law enforcement personnel, that's something I would consider signing. There's nothing of that nature that's being proposed today in Washington. But, but I would, I would look at weapons that pose extraordinary lethality...
This was the deal breaker for me. "If there is determined to be, from time to time, a weapon of such lethality.....". Determined by who? And what does he eman by "from time to time"?

It sounds to me that every few months or years the gun ban lobby would be able to demonize some type of gun and that Romney would "consider signing" a ban of it. And I guess they could keep on doing that until they were all banned like in the UK.

Even Rudy hasn't said anything like this.

For that matter, neither has HIllary. But we already know she would ban any guns she could to it's a moot point.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

atxgun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by atxgun »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:
flb_78 wrote:You got Ron Paul as well,

Over 5 million today in donations and rapidly rising.
Paul's foreign policy doesn't float my boat.
Paul's foreign & economic policy are what float my boat. Not to mention overall I'm a "gov't that governs least governs best" type of guy.

lawrnk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by lawrnk »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:
And if there is determined to be, from time to time, a weapon of such lethality that it poses a grave risk to our law enforcement personnel, that's something I would consider signing. There's nothing of that nature that's being proposed today in Washington. But, but I would, I would look at weapons that pose extraordinary lethality...
This was the deal breaker for me. "If there is determined to be, from time to time, a weapon of such lethality.....". Determined by who? And what does he eman by "from time to time"?

It sounds to me that every few months or years the gun ban lobby would be able to demonize some type of gun and that Romney would "consider signing" a ban of it. And I guess they could keep on doing that until they were all banned like in the UK.

Even Rudy hasn't said anything like this.

For that matter, neither has HIllary. But we already know she would ban any guns she could to it's a moot point.
But didn't GWB say he would ban it as well if it came to him? I think Romney is pandering here.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Kalrog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Kalrog »

lawrnk wrote:But didn't GWB say he would ban it as well if it came to him? I think Romney is pandering here.
Yes he did. Thank goodness it hasn't gotten to him because I have no doubt that he would sign it.

I don't think that Romney is pandering. I think he truly feels this way. He isn't a conservative. Forced health care = step towards socialized medicine and he fought for that. Higher taxes and bigger government do not a conservative make.

Return to “Federal”