Dallas Morning News article on NRA

Post by Kalrog »

Any comments? Anyone know this author?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 6912f.html

lawrnk
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dallas Morning News article on NRA

Post by lawrnk »

I've read him before. He has been in Time, NPR, etc.. He considers himself a David v. Goliath for supporting gun locks. He also happens to have turned his back on the 2nd since his work at the NRA.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

He's also hawking an anti-NRA book that he published a few months ago.

- Jim

nitrogen
Posts in topic: 3

Post by nitrogen »

UI've read a snippet of the book and it doesn't seem terribly anti-NRA. I've bought it so I'll report back.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The book is primarily the result of a personal grudge against Wayne LaPierre. His statements about his salary and NRA bid practices are lies. I know, I'm on the Finance Committee. He blames NRA for every bad thing that happened to him and he does not feel constrained by the truth.

Chas.

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

As previously stated, I'm getting the book. Would you be in a position to answer a few broad questions once I get the book, publically?
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
--anonymous

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

nitrogen wrote:As previously stated, I'm getting the book. Would you be in a position to answer a few broad questions once I get the book, publically?
I'll have to see the questions. Remember, Sara Brady reads this forum, so I'm not just "talking" to friends. I guess I'm going to have to read the entire book. I'll have to borrow it; I'm not about to put a dime in Feldman's pocket.

Chas.

Liko81

Post by Liko81 »

lawrnk wrote:I've read him before. He has been in Time, NPR, etc.. He considers himself a David v. Goliath for supporting gun locks. He also happens to have turned his back on the 2nd since his work at the NRA.
He doesn't sound anti-gun, only anti-NRA. And he makes some good points; as pro-gun as I am I recognize the need for give and take, just like any issue. Most NRA members I've talked at (you can't be talking "to" someone unless your words are actually being processed) are constantly in a circle-the-wagons fortress mentality: no surrender, no retreat. It's counterproductive; a brick wall may look impenetrable, but being so inflexible it actually falls easily when you take a few swings at it with a sledgehammer. On the other hand, think of a mattress. It's yielding; it gives, it cushions. Hit it with a sledgehammer and you'll do practically nothing to it. It's also hypocritical; I've heard arguments that in the same breath denounce background checks while calling for a way to keep guns out of criminals' hands. Unless you tattoo every convicted felon's forehead with "DO NOT GIVE ME A GUN", restricting gun access to criminals is going to pose an inconvenience to lawful owners.

However, he's implicitly instructing the anti-gun movement to go underground; "yelling and screaming anti-gun slogans just causes the pro-gun lobby to entrench themselves and keep giving; so to topple the NRA, be quiet and go behind their backs". Honest, fair and OPEN dialogue is required to problem-solve when people have different opinions.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Liko81 wrote:However, he's implicitly instructing the anti-gun movement to go underground; "yelling and screaming anti-gun slogans just causes the pro-gun lobby to entrench themselves and keep giving; so to topple the NRA, be quiet and go behind their backs".
In a fleeting moment of candor, Feldman shows his true motive. No one claiming to support the Second Amendment would offer advice on how to "topple the NRA." He's also delusional if he thinks you can go so far underground that we won't know about it.

Chas.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Feldman...sour grapes... :yawn
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
nitrogen wrote:As previously stated, I'm getting the book. Would you be in a position to answer a few broad questions once I get the book, publically?
I'll have to see the questions. Remember, Sara Brady reads this forum, so I'm not just "talking" to friends. I guess I'm going to have to read the entire book. I'll have to borrow it; I'm not about to put a dime in Feldman's pocket.

Chas.
I'll be more than happy to send it your way if you're interested.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
--anonymous

Return to “Federal”