Heller / 2A article

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Heller / 2A article

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

There will be a number of amicus briefs on our side.

Chas.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Post by anygunanywhere »

Go get'em Kay Bailey Hutchison!

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Hyunchback

Post by Hyunchback »

How good a friend is she?

Her reply to my contact requesting opposition to the BATF nominee was rather mealy mouthed, to say the least.
What is Project One Million: Texas?
The "Project" is a grassroots effort to increase the number of Texans who are members of the National Rifle Association from 250.000 to 1,000,000.
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com/

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Mine too, Hyunchback. Not much of a response. I usually call their offices but neglected to. Shame on me.

Our senators and congressman are very good, though, in watching out for other issues that affect Texas. My congressman is none other than Dr. Ron Paul.

The BATFE director will be replaced once the Dems take over. At that point the kind readers of this forum need to read more of the posts in the book section and read some of Mr. Bracken's books. :waiting: :waiting:

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
Kalrog
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Kalrog »

Holy cow! I knew Hutchison was filing, but I didn't know that she had over half of the senate and over half of the house behind her. Dang!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03689.html
All Senate Republicans except three -- Virginia's maverick Sen. John W. Warner was one of the missing -- signed on to the brief. Nine Democratic senators -- Virginia's other maverick, Sen. James Webb was among them -- joined the effort. The total was 55 senators and 250 House members, 68 of whom were Democrats.

Topic author
Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

I found another one today... educational.

http://hnn.us/articles/47238.html

ELB

Post by ELB »

anygunanywhere wrote: The BATFE director will be replaced once the Dems take over. At that point the kind readers of this forum need to read more of the posts in the book section and read some of Mr. Bracken's books. :waiting: :waiting:

Anygunanywhere
I wouldn't count on this. Mr. Sullivan is currently backed by Senators Kennedy and Kerry, and I think Schumer too. Would not be surprised to see him renominated in a Demo administration, who would claim it as a "bi-partisan" nomination...

elb
USAF 1982-2005

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

ELB wrote:Mr. Sullivan is currently backed by Senators Kennedy and Kerry, and I think Schumer too.
Then it's pretty much guaranteed he's also McCain's choice.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Topic author
Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

ELB wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote: The BATFE director will be replaced once the Dems take over. At that point the kind readers of this forum need to read more of the posts in the book section and read some of Mr. Bracken's books. :waiting: :waiting:

Anygunanywhere
I wouldn't count on this. Mr. Sullivan is currently backed by Senators Kennedy and Kerry, and I think Schumer too. Would not be surprised to see him renominated in a Demo administration, who would claim it as a "bi-partisan" nomination...

elb
Good point, and if so, then readers of this forum need to read more of the posts in the book section and read some of Mr. Bracken's books.

Anygunanywhere

Topic author
Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

Topic author
Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

Here is one rep from PA who sure doesn't get it:
http://www.theskanner.com/index.php?act ... 279f0d7ccb