Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
frankie_the_yankee
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

What's with Perry?

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

Endorsing McCain?

From where I sit, someone who can't figure out the meaning of the openning phrase of the First Amendment, "Congress shall make no law.......", could easily find himself "stumped" some day by the 2nd or any of the others.

He's an authentic hero.
We all owe him a debt of gratitude for his service to our country.
He's done more in his life than someone like me could do in 10 lifetimes.
I continue to wish him a long and happy life in the US Senate.

And finally, Charlie Christ of FL is about 3 steps ahead of Perry in the Veepstakes, so he didn't buy himself anything there either. (FL will be close. Christ could tip the balance. But the Republican will take TX the way Sherman took Savannah no matter who the Veep is.)
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Re: What's with Perry?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:From where I sit, someone who can't figure out the meaning of the opening phrase of the First Amendment, "Congress shall make no law.......", could easily find himself "stumped" some day by the 2nd or any of the others.
You must not have a clue what Perry has done for gun owners if you can make such an absurd statement! Shortly after the Virginia Tech shootings, he called for a change in Texas law to let CHLs carry guns everywhere in Texas. This is in addition to a string of pro-gun actions he taken as Governor, some of which could have cost him politically.

Chas.

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flintknapper »

:iagree:

Perry is solid on the 2nd.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Topic author
frankie_the_yankee
Banned

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
frankie_the_yankee wrote:From where I sit, someone who can't figure out the meaning of the opening phrase of the First Amendment, "Congress shall make no law.......", could easily find himself "stumped" some day by the 2nd or any of the others.
You must not have a clue what Perry has done for gun owners if you can make such an absurd statement! Shortly after the Virginia Tech shootings, he called for a change in Texas law to let CHLs carry guns everywhere in Texas. This is in addition to a string of pro-gun actions he taken as Governor, some of which could have cost him politically.

Chas.
Chas,

I was referring to McCain there, not Perry.

Perry has done more for TX gun owners than just about any governor we've ever had.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
frankie_the_yankee wrote:Shortly after the Virginia Tech shootings, he called for a change in Texas law to let CHLs carry guns everywhere in Texas.
You mean, "shortly after it became utterly irrelevant until 2009, he called for a change."

Where was he when it could have actually been introduced? Anybody interested in a betting pool as to how much he'll neuter that statement by the next session?

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

frankie_the_yankee wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
Chas,

I was referring to McCain there, not Perry.

Perry has done more for TX gun owners than just about any governor we've ever had.
I apologize; I thought you were saying you had these concerns about Perry, because he endorsed McCain. :oops:

I couldn't agree with you more about McCain's Second Amendment loyalty.
Chas.

Hyunchback

Post by Hyunchback »

With all due respect for John McCain's service to his country many decades ago he hasn't been much of a friend to it lately.

Support for Shamnesty. McCain-Fiengold. Any time Democrats conspired with RINOs to screw this nation John McCain was there, leading the charge in the wrong direction.

What is it that the Republican Party learned in 2006? How to lose, utterly, totally and beyond all redemption? Why are they letting this man get to within spitting distance of leading the ticket? Do they WANT HillaryObama or HusseinClinton in the Whitehouse till 2016?
What is Project One Million: Texas?
The "Project" is a grassroots effort to increase the number of Texans who are members of the National Rifle Association from 250.000 to 1,000,000.
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com/

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

KD5NRH wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
frankie_the_yankee wrote:Shortly after the Virginia Tech shootings, he called for a change in Texas law to let CHLs carry guns everywhere in Texas.
You mean, "shortly after it became utterly irrelevant until 2009, he called for a change."
No, that's not what I meant. The VT shootings were on April 16, 2007 and Perry made the statement within 48 hours. It was too late in the session to introduce a new bill, but that that is no more Perry's fault than was the timing of the VT shootings.
KD5NRH wrote:Where was he when it could have actually been introduced? Anybody interested in a betting pool as to how much he'll neuter that statement by the next session?
Perhaps he was busy signing the Castle Doctrine bill (SB378), or the Motorist Protection Act (HB1815), or the other pro-gun bills he supported and helped us get through the system. Just because the CHL community, just over 1% of the total Texas population, has been interested in campus-carry for a couple of years now, doesn't mean it was a hot topic, prior to the VT shootings. Tragic evens often change the political focus and this is precisely what happened with the VT shootings. Keep an eye on the news this summer and you just might see something interesting on this issue. There are a lot of ways to support, or oppose, legislation that isn't thrust before cameras and microphones.

Perry has an excellent record on guns, no matter what anyone may think about his position on other issues, me included. Yes, I'll take your bet about him maintaining his support for expanding the authority of a CHL to carry in Texas. I can't think of one promise or gun-related issue he has back away from, even when the bill he was given did more than it did when Perry first pledged his support.

Chas.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Perhaps he was busy signing the Castle Doctrine bill (SB378), or the Motorist Protection Act (HB1815), or the other pro-gun bills he supported and helped us get through the system. Just because the CHL community, just over 1% of the total Texas population, has been interested in campus-carry for a couple of years now, doesn't mean it was a hot topic, prior to the VT shootings. Tragic evens often change the political focus and this is precisely what happened with the VT shootings. Keep an eye on the news this summer and you just might see something interesting on this issue. There are a lot of ways to support, or oppose, legislation that isn't thrust before cameras and microphones.

Perry has an excellent record on guns, no matter what anyone may think about his position on other issues, me included. Yes, I'll take your bet about him maintaining his support for expanding the authority of a CHL to carry in Texas. I can't think of one promise or gun-related issue he has back away from, even when the bill he was given did more than it did when Perry first pledged his support.

Chas.
Right on, Chas. Perry caught some serious flack from the MSM after those comments.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

I caught that, and should have quoted you further down. Sorry Frankie.
Last edited by lawrnk on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

lawrnk wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

But I wish he would also do more about the illegals.
Please note, I misunderstood frankie's post when I "said" this. He was talking about McCain, not Perry.

Chas.

dustyb

Post by dustyb »

lawrnk wrote:But I wish he would also do more about the illegals.

And stop the TTC.
Last edited by dustyb on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Chas.

But I wish he would also do more about the illegals.[/quote]

Please note, I misunderstood frankie's post when I "said" this. He was talking about McCain, not Perry.

I caught that earlier, and quoted the wrong post. Sorry

Chas.[/quote]
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

dustyb wrote:
lawrnk wrote:But I wish he would also do more about the illegals.

And stop the TTC.
Why would he stop it? He is all for it!
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

dustyb

Post by dustyb »

Liberty wrote:Why would he stop it? He is all for it!
Oh, I'm well aware of Gov. Perry's stance on it. He is the main force behind it. I want him to stop the insanity.

Return to “Federal”