NRA Presidential endorsement...

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 10

Re: NRA Presidential endorsement...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Nazrat wrote:The primary race is over. Focus on the general campaign now.
Yes the presidential primaries are statistically over now...Focusing on that alone is not necessary anymore...

What we need to do is focus on the down ballot races...Get the conservatives (if you lean that way) into office to counter the exreme moderate and or liberal candidates that will not support our right to keep and bear arms as vehemently as true conservatives would support our inalienable, individual rights...

And always remember, in two years we can continue to push back against those who would take away from us that which simple needs to be left alone and or rolled back in the peoples favor...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

boomerang
Posts in topic: 3

Post by boomerang »

jpierce30 wrote:JUST VOTE and encourage everyone you know to vote their convictions.
Yes. It's very important to vote for Senate and House and Texas elections. There are differences between the candidates in those races.

http://www.tsrapac.com
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

John
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John »

I early voted today.

For those want to sit this one out, I give you Obama's stance on the 2nd Amendment:
PROTECTING GUN RIGHTS
Respect the Second Amendment: Millions of hunters own and use guns each year. Millions more participate
in a variety of shooting sports such as sporting clays, skeet, target and trap shooting that may not necessarily
involve hunting. As a former constitutional law professor, Barack Obama understands and believes in the
constitutional right of Americans to bear arms. He will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding
Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns for the purposes of hunting and target shooting.
You guys have got to vote to keep help keep this guy out. He obviously can't even read. I 've never read anything in the 2nd amendment about hunting or target shooting.

Here is McCain's stance on Gun Shows.
Background Checks at Gun Shows

At a time when some were trying to shut down gun shows in the name of fighting crime, John McCain tried to preserve gun shows by standardizing sales procedures. Federal law requires licensed firearm sellers at gun shows to do an instant criminal background check on purchasers while private firearm sellers at gun shows do not have to conduct such a check. John McCain introduced legislation that would require an instant criminal background check for all sales at gun shows and believes that such checks must be conducted quickly to ensure that unnecessary delays do not effectively block transactions.
And lastly a cut from Huckabee's web site:
No candidate has a stronger, more consistent record on Second Amendment rights than I do. Our Founding Fathers, having endured the tyranny of the British Empire, wanted to guarantee our God-given liberties. They devised our three branches of government and our system of checks and balances. But they were still concerned that the system could fail, and that we might someday face a new tyranny from our own government. They wanted us to be able to defend ourselves, and that's why they gave us the Second Amendment. They knew that a government facing an armed populace was less likely to take away our rights, while a disarmed population wouldn't have much hope. As Ronald Reagan reminded us, "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." Without our Second Amendment rights, all of our other rights aren't inalienable, they're just "on loan" from the government.

Other candidates say gun control doesn't affect hunting. Now I'm a very avid hunter, but the Second Amendment isn't really about hunting. It's about tyranny and self-defense. The Founding Fathers weren't worried about our being able to bag a duck or a deer, they were worried about our keeping our fundamental freedoms.
If you want a single issue in which to decide, this is it!
JohnC

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by KBCraig »

John wrote:I early voted today.

For those want to sit this one out, I give you Obama's stance on the 2nd Amendment:

Here is McCain's stance on Gun Shows.

And lastly a cut from Huckabee's web site:

Don't forget this one!
I share our Founders’ belief that in a free society each citizen must have the right to keep and bear arms. They ratified the Second Amendment knowing that this right is the guardian of every other right, and they all would be horrified by the proliferation of unconstitutional legislation that prevents law-abiding Americans from exercising this right.

I have always supported the Second Amendment and these are some of the bills I have introduced in the current Congress to help restore respect for it:

* H.R. 1096 includes provisions repealing the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and the Federal Firearms License Reform Act of 1993, two invasive and unconstitutional bills.
* H.R. 1897 would end the ban on carrying a firearm in the National Park System, restoring Americans’ ability to protect themselves in potentially hazardous situations.
* H.R. 3305 would allow pilots and specially assigned law enforcement personnel to carry firearms in order to protect airline passengers, possibly preventing future 9/11-style attacks.
* H.R. 1146 would end our membership in the United Nations, protecting us from their attempts to tax our guns or disarm us entirely.

In the past, I introduced legislation to repeal the so-called “assault weapons� ban before its 2004 sunset, and I will oppose any attempts to reinstate it.

I also recently opposed H.R. 2640, which would allow government-appointed psychiatrists to ban U.S. veterans experiencing even mild forms of Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome from ever owning a gun.

You have the right to protect your life, liberty, and property. As President, I will continue to guard the liberties stated in the Second Amendment.

John
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John »

KBCraig wrote:

Don't forget this one!

10-4, I like Ron Paul too, but they won't let me vote for two. :mrgreen:

My main three issues that I look at for this election are:

1. War on Terror
2. 2A Rights
3. Immigration

I hate to say it, but for the primary, I looked at these issues plus electability (very subjective, thus weighted lower) for the republican candidates and chose the one with which I most agree.

-John
JohnC

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 10

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Don't forget about this one...

The TexasCHLforum.com Membership!

We are much better on the subject than any of them!

The Second Amendment is not a political tool, or bargaining chip...

It is best left alone to stand on its "original" intent, not to be watered down...

If you want to change it, its time for the gun-control crowd to do it the hard way...

I really hope the Heller case rips them up to shreds...

We need to stop being nice about this...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

stevie_d_64 wrote:
We need to stop being nice about this...
:iagree:

Anygunanywhere
Second Amendment Absolutist
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

frankie_the_yankee
Banned

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

It says here that Heller will be a watershed for us. The collective rights theory and its variations will be thoroughly discredited. There will be many more legal battles to be fought, but we will be fighting them from the high ground.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:It says here that Heller will be a watershed for us. The collective rights theory and its variations will be thoroughly discredited. There will be many more legal battles to be fought, but we will be fighting them from the high ground.
Says where?

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

tarkus
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tarkus »

We should have the moral high ground and the strategic high ground.

Being too nice and letting thugs violate out rights is abandoning both.
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's on the internet, thank a geek.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

"Better to vote for "Slow Wheat" than "Slow Poison" "

Tarkus, +1 for your signature. :mrgreen:

45ACP

Post by 45ACP »

Please, what does "Slow Wheat" mean?

Thanks!

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

That moniker belongs to frankie.
Re: Slow Wheat?
by frankie_the_yankee on Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:17 pm

40FIVER wrote:
OK. I give. What is "slow wheat"?

It's the label I made up to refer to minor party candidates (as in, "the Slow Wheat Party") and/or anyone running who has no chance of winning.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “Federal”