What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Brady Campaign ramping up gun control efforts

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

It's not going to be an enjoyable visit, but everyone, I mean everyone, needs to take a look at the BradyCompaign.com website periodically. You should do this for two reasons. First, everyone needs to realize the extent of their efforts, as funded by Soros, Kennedy, etc. Secondly, it hopefully will motivate our people to get involved and stay involved.

The Bradys have been ineffective on the federal level for the eight years Bush has been President. They had some success in a few states, but they view the 2008 Presidential election as an opportunity to once again be active in Washington. If Clinton wins, it will be a watershed for them, unless she decides not to make the mistake Bill did in 1994. But that's a mighty big "if." If McCain wins, we're dealing with a President that had an NRA C+ rating during his last campaign. Will he earn that low rating again, perhaps worse, or will he stick by his recent pro-NRA statements; who knows?

Regardless who calls the White House home for the next four years, the Brady Campaign will use its money and connections to look for what they consider "low hanging fruit," i.e. assault weapons ban, closing of the gun show "loophole," and banning 50 BMGs. With either liberal anti-gun Clinton, or moderate ?anti-gun? McCain, all three of these goals are entirely achievable.

So read the Brady Campaign website, join the NRA if you're not a member and donate some money if you are, then be ready to respond with faxes, phone calls and emails when the calls go out for action. Eight years of peace is coming to an end folks. The Bradys know it and we'd better know it too!

Chas.

seamusTX

Re: Brady Campaign ramping up gun control efforts

Post by seamusTX »

What they think of us is neatly summed up by the "triangle of death" graphic: http://www.bradynetwork.org/site/Messag ... friendly=1

- Jim

Tactical_Texan_CHL

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

:mad5 ..... no words to described that garbage..... :mad5 I've never been to the Brady site before now. That is mindless drivel. I'm appauled.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

Wow. Conspiracy theory much?

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

I'm on their email list. (I signed up under the name Josh Sugarmann, so I could find out how much they sell m e-mail address.)

Right now, they are bloviating about the national parks ban. It's good to know what they are up to. I usually let local groups I'm involved with know, so they can call their congresscritters and tell them to do the opposite of whatever Brady wants.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I have had the website bookmarked for years...I visit every now and then to keep me focused on what they are thinking and doing in our country...

I also keep tabs on the international gun-control efforts like "IANSA", They are just as dangerous...

Call me a glutton for punishment, but I do not see it like that...Charles is dead on right about knowing what those goobers are up to...They do the same thing to us...They are watching us right now...

And they are definitely salivating at the political climate change coming to Washington D.C.
Last edited by stevie_d_64 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Josh Sugarmann???

Ok, good thing I was not taking a sip just now...If they only knew the truth about you!

You made muh evening!!! Thanks!!!

"rlol"
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

I visit regularly, sometimes just for the laughs.

I have been on their mailing list several times too, mostly just to give myself a chance to quit in high dudgeon over some problem with their lack of effective action.

I also used to subscribe to several of their snail mail newsletters, but they seem to have caught on to that, I don't get them anymore.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

They are looking for donations, to help their StoptheNRA campaign. They are claiming tax exemption status. The NRA isn't tax deductable is it?. Isn't this illegal?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Liberty wrote:They are looking for donations, to help their StoptheNRA campaign. They are claiming tax exemption status. The NRA isn't tax deductable is it?. Isn't this illegal?
Depends on which side you are on. The same with tax exempt status for churches. Left leaning churches can do all of the political stuff they want. Right leaning churches must watch out or else the IRS will be on them like Rosie O'Donnel on a cheeseburger.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Hyunchback

Post by Hyunchback »

anygunanywhere wrote: Right leaning churches must watch out or else the IRS will be on them like Rosie O'Donnel on a cheeseburger.

Anygunanywhere
A small, but I think important note.

I've known people who work for the IRS (boyfriend of a co-worker and he worked in the eduction arm of the outfit).

I don't think the IRS agents would be making grunting, snorting, snuffling noises while chasing the conservative churches. Unlike the porcine-like noises emanating from O'Donnell. :lol::

I could be wrong about that.
What is Project One Million: Texas?
The "Project" is a grassroots effort to increase the number of Texans who are members of the National Rifle Association from 250.000 to 1,000,000.
http://www.projectonemilliontexas.com/

Return to “Federal”