AHSA submit brief in support of 2A

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Lodge2004
Posts in topic: 2

AHSA submit brief in support of 2A

Post by Lodge2004 »

The wolf in sheeps clothing has come out as a defender of the 2A? Well...sort of. They submitted a brief in support of their version of the 2A.

I have not read in detail, but the theme seems to be that D.C.'s law prevents individuals from participating in the Civilian Marksmanship Program, but other than that one item, they are OK with any/all other restrictions.

http://www.gurapossessky.com/news/parke ... rgetal.pdf

frankie_the_yankee
Banned

Re: AHSA submit brief in support of 2A

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

Yecch.

I hope they wasted a lot of money coming up with that lame piece of nonsense.

Then again, it occurs to me that they might figure that if the SCOTUS can be convinced that their silly argument is remotely relavant, and that that's all there is to the 2A right, they might just rule in favor of DC and be done with it.

In other words, their true objective might be to make Heller lose by filing a lame brief "supporting" his claims.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

In clarification you mean the "I am good with the assault weapon ban as long as I have my gun" association?

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
Lodge2004

Post by Lodge2004 »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:In other words, their true objective might be to make Heller lose by filing a lame brief "supporting" his claims.
I assume they are also trying to beef up their credentials as a "supporter of the 2A" for upcoming political campaigns. They, of course, will only support politicians who propose "reasonable" restrictions on firearms.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I think some of you'se guys are catching onto the "reasonable restriction" thing. Kewl!

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

Lodge2004 wrote:The wolf in sheeps clothing has come out as a defender of the 2A? ...
I think in this case you got your metaphor turned around backwards, don't you....? ;-)

elb
USAF 1982-2005

frankie_the_yankee
Banned

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

anygunanywhere wrote:I think some of you'se guys are catching onto the "reasonable restriction" thing. Kewl!

Anygun
Just because AHSA and other gun ban advocates use the term as a code word for banning guns and gun rights doesn't mean that others cannot use the term correctly.

I don't cede the power to define the language to creepazoids like AHSA, the Brady Conspiracy, IANSA, etc.

Instead, I step on them and/or poke a stick in their eyes every chance I get.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jimlongley »

I get a kick out of the "Major General . . . Two Star" language. Since, by definition, Major Generals in the US armed forces are two star, and Lieutenant Generals, three star and Generals, four star, I have to wonder what their objective was in including that language.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “Federal”