Ron Paul throwing in the towel

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Ron Paul throwing in the towel

Post by seamusTX »

You can dislike Ron Paul for any or no reason. But you cannot deny with any credibility or integrity his service in the U.S. Air Force, his 51 years of marriage to the same woman, his 40 years of the practice of medicine, being elected eleven times as a U.S. representative, with an uncontested coming election in November, and his complete lack of any hint of impropriety or dishonesty.

- Jim

Tajovo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tajovo »

tarkus wrote:He didn't say it was unconstitutional in that clip. He said he was against it.
Exactly.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KBCraig »

The Constitution also authorizes an income tax, something Ron Paul also opposes. Voting against those things is not an unconstitutional vote. Just because the Constitution allows the government to do something, doesn't make it mandatory to do so.

Saying, like Ron Paul does, "The Constitution authorizes this, but it's a bad idea so I'm voting against it" is the opposite of saying, like the other 534 critters do, "There's no Constitutional authority for this, but I like it, so I've voting for it anyway."

Topic author
DParker
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DParker »

KBCraig wrote:"Throwing in the towel" implies surrender.
Or it can be interpreted to mean what it was obviously intended to mean. Namely, that he has officially ended his campaign.

Return to “Federal”