Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lawrnk
Posts in topic: 3

Obama hits 50% in the polls.

Post by lawrnk »

GWB, on this day four years ago, was at 52%
http://www.time.com/time/press_releases ... 62,00.html

To say that I am worried is an understatement.
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Obama hits 50% in the polls.

Post by KBCraig »

Obama was already at the brink of 50%. To have basically gotten no bump out of the DNC convention, where he spoke to a huge television audience, is two steps backwards in campaign terms.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

While McCain may be better than Obama on second amendment issues...I've had the opinion that overall it's a lose-lose choice for America between the two.

I'm voting Bob Barr... unlike McCain/Obama, Bob's a supporter of freedom, and specifically a former member of the NRA board of directors.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Paladin wrote:While McCain may be better than Obama on second amendment issues...I've had the opinion that overall it's a lose-lose choice for America between the two.

I'm voting Bob Barr... unlike McCain/Obama, Bob's a supporter of freedom, and specifically a former member of the NRA board of directors.
It's your prerogative to vote your mind, but IMO any vote NOT for McCain is a vote for Obama. Just look what happened to Bush when Perot took votes from him; the Clinton era was born. :banghead:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Keith B wrote: It's your prerogative to vote your mind, but IMO any vote NOT for McCain is a vote for Obama. Just look what happened to Bush when Perot took votes from him; the Clinton era was born.
Back in the day I voted for Bush Sr, particularly as a vote against Clinton... And I got Clinton anyway. :cryin If I did the vote over again, I'd vote Perot... at least I would have voted for the best candidate... and would have made the Republicans realize they have to do more to earn my vote.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

tbranch

Post by tbranch »

Paladin wrote:at least I would have voted for the best candidate... and would have made the Republicans realize they have to do more to earn my vote.
Perhaps. While I'm not thrilled with the performance of the current administraton, I clearly do not want the dems to appoint 2 to 3 liberal judges to SCOTUS. DC versus Heller was a split decision that could have easily gone the other way.

I believe this election is critical and we cannot let Obama win.

Tom

Topic author
lawrnk

Post by lawrnk »

Keith B wrote:
Paladin wrote:
It's your prerogative to vote your mind, but IMO any vote NOTfor McCain is a vote for Obama. Just look what happened to Bush when Perot took votes from him; the Clinton era was born. :banghead:

Can't agree more!! :iagree:
Member- TSRA
Life Member- NRA

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

lawrnk wrote:
Keith B wrote:
Paladin wrote:
It's your prerogative to vote your mind, but IMO any vote NOTfor McCain is a vote for Obama. Just look what happened to Bush when Perot took votes from him; the Clinton era was born. :banghead:

Can't agree more!! :iagree:
I second that!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

SCone

Post by SCone »

NObama-NObiden-NOway

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I would urge everyone to know who they are voting for. The GOA has some very good information on all the candidates:
http://www.gunowners.org/pres08/

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

I am of the opion that during the primaries go ahead and vote for whoever you want.

During the election vote for who most closely shares your values that is capable of winning..

The road to destruction is paved with good intention.

Ron Paul best represented my point of view.

He lost big time. He was not even close. The rest never even broke a sweat over him.He might as well have labeled his campaign as the anemic race. He might as well have run backwards.

His intentions were good.

For those who insist on voting third, fourth, green, or any of the other parties that manage to make it on the ballot who don't have a snowball's chance of winning. think about your good intentions when Obama is gleaming as he stands on the podium during his first state of the union address and all of his comrades are cheering as he lays out his plan for the end of America.

I'll be loading my magazines................

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

As bad (in my opinion) as a vote for Barr being a vote for Obama, it would also be a vote against Sarah Palin, who may well be the best pro-gun RKBA candidate for VP or POTUS in a very long time. You might say that Barr is as good on the RKBA as Palin, but I would reply that he hasn't got a snowball's chance "down under" of being elected, whereas Palin actually has a very good chance of being elected to a position where she can have a very positive effect on the national RKBA - not just at the state level. He's been out of office for, what... 3 or 4 years?

Here's another possible scenario:

McCain/Palin ticket wins, Hillary crushes everyone - including the failed Obama - in her path for the 2012 nomination, and she runs against Palin for POTUS in 2012.

Somebody pass me the popcorn, 'cause that would be a heck of a show!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote:I am of the opion that during the primaries go ahead and vote for whoever you want.

During the election vote for who most closely shares your values that is capable of winning..
BINGO!
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

tbranch

Post by tbranch »

The Annoyed Man wrote:You might say that Barr is as good on the RKBA as Palin, but I would reply that he hasn't got a snowball's chance "down under" of being elected, whereas Palin actually has a very good chance of being elected to a position where she can have a very positive effect on the national RKBA - not just at the state level.
:iagree:

It's time to get behind McCain and Palin. The next POTUS may well appoint three juctices to SCOTUS. Do we really want Obama appointees?

Tom
Last edited by tbranch on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

:iagree: I'm with Tom ;-)
Supreme court and Second Amendment are my primary vote deciders.
Being able to have leadership that makes decisions based on ethics? That has been a pipe dream. Now there's a spark of hope.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Return to “Federal”