Congress-critters that can't be bought

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Congress-critters that can't be bought

Post by Paladin »

I was in Washington D.C. in June. Got the chance to meet with a large number of folks in government. These included folks from the White House, the Hill, other senior folks in the administration, and some Washington careerists...

One interesting little tid-bit was from a highly paid lobbyist. This lobbyist named two congress-critters who can't be bought. Ron Paul (R-TX) and Tom Coburn (R-OK).

Of course the lobbyist didn't say it exactly like that... it was more like the lobbyist didn't like Tom Coburn because in his words "Tom Coburn is the most conservative person anybody in Washington has ever seen"

I had the biggest smile on my face hearing that! Both are solidly pro-gun and "A rated" members of Gun Owners of America.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

txgho1911
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Congress-critters that can't be bought

Post by txgho1911 »

How did Tom And Ron do in this past election?
http://thenewamericana.com/ instead of Drudge

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

txgho1911 wrote:How did Tom And Ron do in this past election?
Ron Paul was unopposed. I am not up on Okie politics.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

cowboymd

Post by cowboymd »

Coburn was elected in 2004. So he is still in office.
TSRA Member
NRA Life Member

laketex

Post by laketex »

What do ya think about Ralph Hall for that list? I've always had a lot of respect for him, even when he was on the democrat ticket.

SCone

Post by SCone »

All lobbyist aren't bad. These are folks that watch out for specific interest groups on a daily basis. Anything that comes up in Congress that would effect their group, they fight against. and they push for legislation that would better their group. The NRA has paid lobbyist to fight for our gun rights. They're going to be needed more now than ever before.

The problem is when a Representative or Senator is being BRIBED to vote one way or the other. And I don't blame the lobbyist for that problem.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

My gut-reaction is to blame them. Smacks of drug-dealers to me...though they would be out of business if there were no users in the first place.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

SCone wrote:All lobbyist aren't bad.
I wholeheartedly support the lobbyists who work to protect the Constitution.

The lobbyist I heard from in Washington was very definitely not one of those. He didn't seem to have a shread of respect for the Constitution.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Ralph Hall is good. He was the only incumbent I voted for. He's been in Congress so long (28 years in January) that he joined when an average Democrat was far more conservative than today's "conservative" Republican.

When Hall switched, he pulled a Reaganesque, "I didn't leave the Democrat party, the Democrat party left me". The sad thing is, the Republicans have also left him behind as they've moved to the left.

He's only got a few more years left in Congress, since he's 85. Good man, though.

Louie Gohmert in our neighboring district to the south also seems to be a good man.

Return to “Federal”