Ammunition Accountability Act

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Ammunition Accountability Act

Post by stevie_d_64 »

http://noiri.blogspot.com/2008/11/obama ... ns-he.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An interesting article...I would recommend you eat after this, and only when the stomach has settled a bit...

The re-loading community is going to have kittens about this one...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

nitrogen

Re: Ammunition Accountability Act

Post by nitrogen »

This isn't new; it's been on the NRA's radar for a while now. I remember Cam & Company doing a thing on this about a year ago.

I'm not aware of anything pending federally on this; but that can certainly change, given our president elect's previous stance on firearms.

Even anti-gun havens like NY and NJ havn't managed to pass this yet, so I don' think it's the "RED ALERT" that the poster makes it out to be. Still, something to keep your eye on, as it easily could be.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I don't exacty know if this is a congressional requirement to resubmit bills like this to keep them active on the committees dockets or what...The supposed new and improved AWB is a regurgitation of the same bill, sans a few tweeks we know what they want to do with it...Same as this one...

If you read these things again, it really reminds you of the draconian intent to make us criminals with one fatal swoop of a pen...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

stevie_d_64 wrote:I don't exacty know if this is a congressional requirement to resubmit bills like this to keep them active on the committees dockets or what...The supposed new and improved AWB is a regurgitation of the same bill, sans a few tweeks we know what they want to do with it...Same as this one...

If you read these things again, it really reminds you of the draconian intent to make us criminals with one fatal swoop of a pen...
Federally, any bill not passed by the time congress adjourns (in 2 months, basically) must go through the process again.

It is absolutely a good reminder of the garbage people actually think will make us safer/better/easier to rule.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

Return to “Federal”