Carry in National Parks - Decision Made

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bat1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carry in National Parks - Decision Made

Post by bat1 »

It would be nice...I'd like to carry in my car 7 days a week. But, once inside the gates you're now in the "Federal Facility". However, I've always thought they should have a CHL check-in process at B110 for those of us who office off-site and only go onsite for the occasional meeting. I'm not going to hold my breath...especially after that contractor shot and killed his NASA technical monitor last year.
Bridge,
That is a really good idea, I wonder if getting a bunch of CHL's to sign a letter to request a Locker in B110, that would be locked and even with a gun lock box.. If they would allow a place to store the weapons.. It is just a thought, I would be game, in 1985 I was mugged on my way to work, so bad I was in the hospital for 10 days. The problem with back then, was no defense, it was two guys with bat's during spring break.. I was beat to a pulp.. Even if there was CHL, I could not have been carrying because I was on my way to work.. IF I was carrying, I would not been half killed, ..

To this day I think about what I would have done IF I was carrying a CHL, and it all comes back to, a big difference!

Any way, if you or anyone once to start a letter, I will be game for signing it...

It also could be a point that it would be less chance that someone would "sneak" one in, not that that has ever been done..

BAT

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Obama has nominated Congressman Ken Salazar (I believe that is right) as the next Interior Secretary...Obviously he is going to become the path of least resistance and might reverse this change we are so excited about...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
GrillKing
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GrillKing »

Foxnews reports that the President has reversed CC in National Parks. Is this true? I thought this was in effect as of January 10? Wouldn't the same process (public input, hearings, etc.) have to occur to reverse this???

magicglock
Posts in topic: 1

Post by magicglock »

Nothing has really happened yet! Obama just asked that all pending actions from the Bush Administration be put on hold until the Obama administration can review it. I'm confident that his administration will stop this from going through but no action has been taken yet. Obama :banghead:

Topic author
GrillKing
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GrillKing »

OOpppsss... Went back and re-read the article. The CC regulations still stands. For now.....

Return to “Federal”