C&R FFL Inspections by BATF

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Lodge2004
Posts in topic: 1

C&R FFL Inspections by BATF

Post by Lodge2004 »

On Monday of last week my brother in San Antonio received a call from the BATF. They were going to show up at his house on Friday to "inspect" because he has an 03 (Curio & Relic) FFL.

I talked him into getting the FFL last year because I have had one for many years and, in addition to purchasing collectible firearms, it can get you a discount on parts and supplies from many of the distributors. I have never been "inspected".

The BATF showed up at his home on Friday and they had a conversation about the paperwork requirements. Since he has not purchased any firearms with the license, he did not have a "bound book" to show them. He did show them a couple of blank pages to make sure he had the right forms in case he ever needed to fill them out. The agent confirmed he had the correct paperwork and that was the end of the "inspection".

Has anybody been called recently by the BATF? This inspector told him there were 300 C&R FFL's in San Antonio and they were required to visit with all of them. Any ideas as to what is driving this?

lrb111

Re: C&R FFL Inspections by BATF

Post by lrb111 »

Probably just gathering evidence for the impending crackdown?
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

Why don't we relax and give lord BO the most merciful a chance to prove himself, aftrer all he supports the second amendment. We need to sit around the campfire with the antis and fence sitters and validate their feelings.

Those that hide their eyes will always refuse to see the light.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

SC1903A3

Post by SC1903A3 »

I've had my C&R for 5 1/2 years and have never heard from them other than the usual letters they send out.

Stupid

Post by Stupid »

With C&R, are we supposed to update ATF with address change? what about phone number change?
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

atxgun

Post by atxgun »

lrb111 wrote:Probably just gathering evidence for the impending crackdown?
I guess I'm safe then, if that's what they're cracking down on. All I have are my fully functional and reliable semi automatic weapons.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

When the "crackdown" comes you will be lucky to escape with a single shot 20 gauge much less any semi-auto.
Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Federal”