What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Locksmith
Posts in topic: 1

Congress' plan would allow Attorney Gen to 'ban guns at will

Post by Locksmith »

No longer valid
Last edited by Locksmith on Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Congress' plan would allow Attorney Gen to 'ban guns at will

Post by anygunanywhere »

We really need to give the Big O's reign a chance. He said outright that lawful gun owners should not be afraid.

At least wait until his coronation is over and all of his subjects settle back into their routine. He is, after all, ready to reign.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Purplehood »

The fellow in the article that is purportedly a 2nd Amendment advocate seems woefully ignorant of political reality (Korwin).

Throughout the article he lambasts the Democrats as being anti-gun, and states that Republicans need all the support they can get. He fails to recognize that the NRA supports many lawmakers on both sides of the aisle precisely because of their pro-gun stances.

What a perfect way to alienate those Democrats that are "pro-gun".
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

LarryH

Post by LarryH »

Purplehood wrote:The fellow in the article that is purportedly a 2nd Amendment advocate seems woefully ignorant of political reality (Korwin).

Throughout the article he lambasts the Democrats as being anti-gun, and states that Republicans need all the support they can get. He fails to recognize that the NRA supports many lawmakers on both sides of the aisle precisely because of their pro-gun stances.

That's not what he's saying. He is correctly pointing out that the Democrat leadership is anti-gun, and that Obama and his choice for Attorney General are extremely anti-gun, for anyone except themselves and their lackeys.

dewayneward

Post by dewayneward »

We really need to give the Big O's reign a chance. He said outright that lawful gun owners should not be afraid.
I realllllllly hope you are joking "rlol". thats one of the administrations first order of business....aside from opening the floodgates on abortion.

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-91-10....nope, I am not any calmer about this....
Col 2:8 See to it that no man takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men,according to the elementary principles of the world,rather than according to Christ.
austin received app 12/10
Processing app 12/22/08
App comp 1/26/09
Plastic in hand 1/30/09

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

dewayneward wrote:
I realllllllly hope you are joking "rlol". thats one of the administrations first order of business....aside from opening the floodgates on abortion.

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-91-10....nope, I am not any calmer about this....
Way back when the Big O was elected a board member posted that statement. I just keep tossing it out there. The tongue-in-cheek smiley was missing.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

AEA

Post by AEA »

Mr. Obama's pick for Gun Grabbing AG (Eric Holder) was confirmed by the Senate today! :eek6
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Hos

Post by Hos »

Thanks for the link. Reminds me, still need to join the NRA.
God, Goats, and Guns

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Purplehood »

LarryH wrote:
Purplehood wrote:The fellow in the article that is purportedly a 2nd Amendment advocate seems woefully ignorant of political reality (Korwin).

That's not what he's saying. He is correctly pointing out that the Democrat leadership is anti-gun, and that Obama and his choice for Attorney General are extremely anti-gun, for anyone except themselves and their lackeys.
We must be reading two entirely different articles.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Freedom4All

Post by Freedom4All »

Purplehood wrote:
LarryH wrote:

We must be reading two entirely different articles.
Yeah, you must have read some completely different article than LarryH and I read. We read the one linked in the OP. I'm curious about your opinion, would you please quote (at least some of) the parts that make you conclude he lambasts the Democrats. Since, according to you, he lambasts Democrats THROUGHOUT the article there must be plenty of text to quote. The article's subjects are H.R. 1022, its backers and the new AG. Can you tell me which pro-gun Democrats are endorsing H.R. 1022? My opinion is that H.R. 1022 is an excellent way to alienate Democrats that are "pro-gun". Thanks.
To summarize, we conclude that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms. That right existed prior to the formation of the new government under the Constitution ...

roberts
Banned

Post by roberts »

Previous bans allowed banning guns at will if the gun has no "sporting purpose" in their opinion.
THE SECOND AMENDMENT IS NOT ABOUT DUCK HUNTING

MCook806

Post by MCook806 »

roberts wrote:Previous bans allowed banning guns at will if the gun has no "sporting purpose" in their opinion.
but who's to say what gun has a "sporting purpose" and what gun doesn't. :(

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

MCook806 wrote:
roberts wrote:Previous bans allowed banning guns at will if the gun has no "sporting purpose" in their opinion.
but who's to say what gun has a "sporting purpose" and what gun doesn't. :(
We allow the government to make all of the rules so they do the defining.

Anygunanywhere

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

They ALL have a sporting purpose! Shooting IS a sport!!!!
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

:iagree:
Byron Dickens

Return to “Federal”