What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Message to Democrats from Democrats

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Here is an email that went from Daniel Barnett, Chairman of Gun Owners Caucus of the Texas Democratic Party to people on his email list. You may recall a message I posted from this new pro-gun group of Democrats and their efforts to have gun control planks removed from the National Democrat Party Platform. This effort by the group is aimed at preventing Democrats from signing-on to the absurd HR45.

We should all send Daniel an email thanking him and his group for their efforts. It would be good for pro-gun and non-committed Democrats in Washington to understand the label "pro Second Amendment" shouldn't be reserved for Republicans. I'm also attaching a copy of HR45.

Thanks Daniel,
Chas.
Daniel Barnett wrote:Good morning, everyone:

In my other capacity as webmaster of Amendment II Democrats, I'm starting a petition drive to discourage Democratic legislators on Capitol Hill from cosponsoring HR45, introduced by Bobby Rush (D-IL). I've included a PDF copy for your perusal.

The most onerous provision of HR45 is that it outlaws civilian possession of any handgun unless the prospective gun owner obtains a permit from the Attorney General that must be renewed every five years. This law also extends to a large number of semi-automatic rifles as well. And if you try to get the permit, you really need to take a good look at what's involved in applying for the permit.

If your Representative is a Democrat, and if you would like to help circulate an anti-HR45 petition amongst your Democratic neighbors, please send an e-mail to a2dems_feedback@yahoo.com so that you can receive a petition form tailor-made for your district.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Daniel Barnett
Chair, Gun Owners Caucus of the Texas Democratic Party
Attachments
HR45.pdf
(74.59 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

bradfromearth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Message to Democrats from Democrats

Post by bradfromearth »

Charles,
Thank you for posting this. I am going to get involved in getting the message out to fellow democrats. This is an exciting development and I do hope there is more mobilization from what I like to call the "Logical Left".

Thanks,
Brad

Return to “Federal”