What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Cornyn Plans to Block Clinton Confirmation

Post by Keith B »

Clinton Faces Roadblock to Confirmation

The New York senator is facing opposition from one nameless colleague in her quest to become the next secretary of state.

WASHINGTON -- A spokesman for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says Hillary Rodham Clinton will not be confirmed as secretary of state Tuesday because of a single senator's objection.

Reid spokesman Jim Manley said Republican John Cornyn of Texas has indicated he will block a move to confirm Clinton by an unanimous floor vote later in the day.

But Manley also said there would be a roll call vote Wednesday. And he predicted that "she will receive overwhelming bipartisan support" at that time.

The Senate does plan to confirm several of President-elect Barack Obama's Cabinet by unanimous vote later Tuesday.

Neither Cornyn nor his office was immediately available for comment.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

DoubleJ

Re: Cornyn Plans to Block Clinton Confirmation

Post by DoubleJ »

nameless colleague? uh, they said his name!

knew I voted for that guy for a reason.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

I applaud John Cornyn for his resolve, too bad the rest of the Republicans don't have the stones to do the same thing.
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

bpet

Post by bpet »

I have only one thing to say. YES! Way to go John.
"Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail!" (Borrowed from an anonymous donor)

yerasimos
Posts in topic: 2

Post by yerasimos »

Sounds good. Now can he do the same thing for Eric Holder's AG nomination?

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

yerasimos wrote:Sounds good. Now can he do the same thing for Eric Holder's AG nomination?
That would be more important than Hillary's confirmation, in my opinion...

Matter of fact, you must know that the relationship between "Thunder Calves" and "Zero" are not all that cordule out of the limelight...Therefore, it would be a hoot to see how ineffective this administrations foriegn policy agenda will go...

We are all going to suffer from this...Might as well have a few laughs while they screw it all up...

I'm ready for anything...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

yerasimos
Posts in topic: 2

Post by yerasimos »

stevie_d_64 wrote: That would be more important than Hillary's confirmation, in my opinion...

Matter of fact, you must know that the relationship between "Thunder Calves" and "Zero" are not all that cordule out of the limelight...Therefore, it would be a hoot to see how ineffective this administrations foriegn policy agenda will go...

We are all going to suffer from this...Might as well have a few laughs while they screw it all up...

I'm ready for anything...
I would say that whether or not Eric Holder becomes AG will have more immediate effect upon lawful firearm ownership than whether the Hillarybeast becomes SoS and flush with money and power like she fantasizes about. However, if Hillarybeast does become SoS, she would be positioned to promote UN gun ban treaty garbage regardless of whoever becomes AG. So I am glad Cornyn seems to be trying to stop her from becoming SoS, and I hope he will also monkeywrench with Holder.

It will be interesting to see whether (or perhaps more accurately, how soon) these collectivists can begin tearing each other apart over their own hyperinflated egos and agendas.

Return to “Federal”