Senior Citizens Ban (over 60 yrs old) more info to follow...

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Senior Citizens Ban (over 60 yrs old) more info to follow...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

A good friend of mine called me just now...

He explained to me what he saw and will forward the information to me so I can post the particulars here for dissemination...

I for one am skeptical, but it never hurts to get it out for general consumption...

Basically it would be a ban (proposed by the Administration) on the ownership and possession of firearms by anyone over the age of 60...The justification by whomever thought of this abomination is that old people do not retain the mental and physical ability to function with firearms...I know it is hogwash...But the mere fact that this is floating around out there is important to debunk it, regardless of the source or validity of the issue...

I know for a fact this is going to chap the hides of a few people here...I just wanted to placemark this discussion, till I can get the guts of the conversation I just had in here, and then let it all fly...

If anything, this kinda broke today out there, if it was internet based (oh well), better it be shot down like the rest of the stuff being thrown around out there than it stew for too long...

There are a lot of good people in here that can pick this apart when the information I am expecting to receive tomorrow (mid-morning)...

If anyone else has heard of this, by all means throw the data in here...

And if it turns out to be a rumor without substance...Oh well, another one bites the dust...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Oldgringo

Re: Senior Citizens Ban (over 60 yrs old) more info to follow...

Post by Oldgringo »

I was thinking something along these same lines; for example:

Old people (60 and over) shouldn't be allowed to own guns or to drive or have to work. Similarly, young people (30 and under) should not be allowed to own guns, drive or procreate and they must live with their parents until they reach the age of 31 and then they must work, find their own habitation, become aware of the government prescribed "missionary position" make meaningful decisions, have familes, fight wars, etc. until they reach the age of 60.

Think of all of the problems; e.g., traffic, population explosions, 'walkin' around stoopid', wars, etc., etc. my plan would solve. Your cards, letters and financial support will be appreciated. We can bring about this change, YES WE CAN!
Last edited by Oldgringo on Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/elderly.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Not targeting you stevie, but I get so tired of hearing Obama is doing this or Obama is doing that. Our side needs to take the high road and avoid spreading rumors. It only supplies the antis with fuel when they call us fear-mongers.
Charlie

Aggie_engr

Post by Aggie_engr »

Better safe than sorry. Like Stevie said, if this just another rumor then so be it, but better we know about it now than later.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

:totap:

What? Nobody likes my plan for a new order?

AEA

Post by AEA »

TxRVer wrote:I get so tired of hearing Obama is doing this or Obama is doing that.
Yep, me too.......
It's been a daily thing since he took office. Now it looks like some of the days he has to eat crow on what he said he was doing the day before....... :smilelol5:

I think he is in too much of a hurry and has too much on his plate. He should learn to ease into the position instead of destroying it right off the bat!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Like I figured...

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=4404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Better to get it logged in again, I suppose...

What is frustrating is that the rumors, and even the political feigns that the administration and government are foisting upon the citizens of this country are starting to wear people down...

Kinda makes you wonder why...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “Federal”