Mandate

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tfrazier
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Mandate

Post by tfrazier »

I would assume that to a certain extent some of it is intended to be tongue in cheek...maybe a fun model to try out in Second Life, or whatever that virtual world thing is.

In that spirit, since portions call for forfeiture of certain rights by certain legislators for voting certain ways, said persons constituents who elected them to office should endure like consequences.

All-in-all, highly un-American means to a lofty end and the sort of thought processes that led to a bloody revolution in Russia at the extreme opposite end of the spectrum.

Back in the real world, we should be working very diligently to elect the right people and to educate our fellow citizens so they will join us in election of the right people.

I couldn't help but ramble...

raccol
Posts in topic: 5

Post by raccol »

tfrazier wrote:I would assume that to a certain extent some of it is intended to be tongue in cheek...maybe a fun model to try out in Second Life, or whatever that virtual world thing is.

In that spirit, since portions call for forfeiture of certain rights by certain legislators for voting certain ways, said persons constituents who elected them to office should endure like consequences.

All-in-all, highly un-American means to a lofty end and the sort of thought processes that led to a bloody revolution in Russia at the extreme opposite end of the spectrum.

Back in the real world, we should be working very diligently to elect the right people and to educate our fellow citizens so they will join us in election of the right people.

I couldn't help but ramble...
Based on your response, it appears to refer to the part about the politicians providing their personal info to prove they're living up to the standards they voted to impose on us. I'll agree that may be a bit over the top but the bigger point is the 'do as I say, not as I do' mindset needs to change. These are public servants, not aristocracy and they should behave accordingly. They have an obligation to represent the people who elected them just as any of us have an obligation to meet the occupational requirements placed upon us by our employers. If we quit meeting those requirements, we jeopardize our position. If similar requirements were levied upon our representatives, they may do a better job looking out for our interests instead of their own. And don't get me started about their incessant violations of their oath to uphold the Constitution.

Agree that we should try to educate our fellow citizens, but fighting against the American-idol, self-gratification, I'm a victim, let-me-vote-myself-a-raise populace, reinforced by the propaganda in the main stream media leads me to believe a shock to the system may be required before they ever understand what we're trying to tell them.

I would also contend that expecting individuals (in any capacity) to live up to their obligations and responsibilities is highly American.
The United States Constitution ©1791. All Rights Reserved.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil" Doug Patton

"I don't like repeat offenders; I like dead offenders." Ted Nugent

http://blowoutcongress.com/

redoregon

Post by redoregon »

tfrazier wrote:In that spirit, since portions call for forfeiture of certain rights by certain legislators for voting certain ways, said persons constituents who elected them to office should endure like consequences.
Gotta disagree with you here... how many politicians actually keep all the promises they made on how they're gonna vote in the future to get elected? ;-)
NRA/TSRA member
7/11/09: training finished
8/4: app sent
8/12: check cashed
8/22: PIN received
8/24: Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
9/28/09: Plastic in hand

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Although most of the ideas expressed do not offend me, there is just as much potential for abuse regardless if the show is being run by a majority of liberals, conservatives, regardless of the political party affiliations either, Democrat, Republican or Independent...

What message that needs to be sent is one that every single politician, regardless if you like them or not, that their existance in those offices is tenuous at best...

I am all for, at this point, to flush the entire lot...

The next couple of elections are going to be interesting, because if the trend is not corrected, and the apathy level of the electorate is such that low turnout, and other factors that contribute to the delinquency in the conduct of the elections down to the local polling place are not scrutinized enough...

I feel we are not going to pull out from this dive...

BTW, it is no secret where I am on the political spectrum...There are a couple of folks here who lean a little left of center, and those positions are commendable, I would rather work with those folks that I know, where we are on common and solid ground on more than one issue, than any of the knuckleheads that are up there right now, whether it is in Austin, or Washington D.C.
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “Federal”