HR 17

What's going on in Washington, D.C.?

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TxDrifter
Posts in topic: 1

HR 17

Post by TxDrifter »

Has anyone seen this one already? I ran across it while looking up National Reciprocity as a bill a congressman was watching. Some were complaining about why it is needed, but I think there may be an important distinction in it, unless I am missing something in my interpretation.
Citizens' Self-Defense Act of 2009 - Declares that a person not prohibited under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act from receiving a firearm shall have the right to obtain firearms for security and to use firearms in defense of:
(1) self or family against a reasonably perceived threat of imminent and unlawful infliction of serious bodily injury;
(2) self or family in the course of the commission by another person of a violent felony against the person or a member of the person's family; and
(3) the person's home in the course of the commission of a felony by another person. Authorizes persons whose rights under this Act have been violated to bring an action in U.S. district court against the United States, any state, or any person for damages, injunctive relief, and such other relief as the court deems appropriate.
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h17/show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does that third item mean any government, person, and maybe company, could be held liable for infringing a person's second amendment right? If that is the case, that would definitely make someone think twice about banning your concealed carry.
USAF Veteran
Lifetime NRA Member
Do or do not, there is no try.
For those who fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.

Return to “Federal”